Equidebt advice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5469 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Could someone advise me on the following company?

They have wrote to my address, chasing a partner who no longer resides with me (;-), i have emailed them stating, he no longer resides with me etc etc. The letter i thought was very threatening, stating they would visit the address and his place of work, to collect the full sum of money. He is no longer in the country, so they will have a job!

I thought about sending them copies of my rent receipts and say a household bill to prove he is not here.

Any advice on dealing with this situation would be great, thanks.

If I was you I would just return anything addressed to your ex partner as not known at this address, I wouldn't even open it. It is his debt unless it is a joint one and then they can chase you for payment. Dont use your normal signature on the letter either.

If you open mail for your ex partner they can say you should have just returned it marked "not at this address". These people will do anything to try to frighten you but they have no powers and please do not be intimidated by them.

You could send a letter with the next one they send stating you have previously emailed them on (what ever the date was) regarding your ex partner who you believe now to be working out of the country and advise them that if any further correspondence is received from them you will report them to Trading Standards and the OFT and will write to your MP.

Hope this is of some help to you, I is only my opinion, the decision has to be your own.

DG:)

I have no legal training my knowledge comes from my personal life experiences

Please help keep the forum alive by making a donation

Will i get into trouble for opening? the first one was to the occupier with little information within the letter. So when i got the other, i opened it as was a little concerned, so thats when i looked them up and decided to email the firm in question. Thank you for your advice.

No you wont get into trouble but rule of thumb if its not addressed to you personally you should either return it unopened "not known at this address" or just bin it.

I would just do as I said earlier send them a letter and if they keep on sending letters to you report them to TS and bin the letters.

Make sure you keep a copy of your letters to them and I also wouldnt type your name out for them to start putting your name on the letters (just as a precaution.)

Please don't worry there is nothing they can do to you.

DG:)

After my email, i have received an appology email, stating they are sorry for the inconvienence caused. That they have updated their system and i will receive no further correspondance at my address.

So seems like i have a result! Thanks for the advice everyone.

Thats great but make sure you print a copy out and don't delete it from your emails. If they ever send anything else you have proof that they said they would remove the details.

DG:D