style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5433 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Afternoon everyone,

Just a quick update lololol

Absolutely no response from B&S (there's a suprise). Tried to get the issuing Court's details from their respective employees - durgh - got nowhere.

Sent two letter to North Warwickshire County Council - FAO Mr. Jerry Hutchinson and Mr. M. Shaw - PROVIDING PROOF POSITIVE someone has had my money - mmmmmmmm - of course, it wont be theft just an error! lolol

14 days later - no answer from either lovely gentlemen (cough, cough). Have now made application on line to small claims court - which includes claim for damages as a result of defamatory/slanderous allegations, stress and embarrassment.

My argument - the Council is responsible for the actions of their employee's/agents.

• 2 weeks later...

Gents/Ladies

My experience of B and S.

Had a couple of visits after the wife left, turns out I owed for 2 seperate years of council tax, 1 was paid off by the wife but another account still active.

Agreed to pay £25 per month to clear it as I'm now in a debt management plan and its all I can afford, bristow rejected this and demanded almost 4 times as much. Can't afford that.

Paid the first installment of £25 anyway.

Tonight (22/06/09) Scot Jarvis of Bristow turned up again, I was upstairs looking at this website at the time. Looked down, we eyeballed each other and I promptly ignored him. anyways he left another note this time in RED! GOSH I'M SO FRIGHTENED.

letter stated quote 'failed to contact... further visits early morning, late evening, weekend etc to remove your goods can be in your abscence if necessary, substantial additional costs blah blah'.

Gave Scot a ring on 07917396638 and guess what?

he slagged of B and S no end, says what they do is unfair. Agreed everything the wise people of this forum was right, they effectively have no rights unless you let them in and cant refuse an offer of repayment you can afford.

Lets face it if you haven't got it they cant have it, but they will try and bully and lie to you.

Things I would suggest:-

• Refuse access I.E. dont answer the door.

• Write to them, make an offer and pay the first instalment online at their own website. Quote the reference number in the letter.
  • If they turn up again, ignore them.
  • Don't park your car outside your home until they capitulate. If they levy on your car they can then charge you more plus then gain access without permission
  • If you dont believe give Scot a ring, be assertive and he will fold and sweat like a pedophile in mothercare.

If any of the 'facts' above are wrong please advise and I will edit. I await your comments people.

i have lots of dealings with these idiots , i have always

a / refused them entry

b/ made them a firm offer in writing (wether or not they accept you have proof you have attempted to make a payment)

c/ told them to refer the account back to the council as you will simply not allow them to enter your property.

on each occasion this stance has worked and after 2 visits b&s have returned the account back to the council and the council have then negotiated , good luck