• Tweets

• thread tidied. new thread for the court claim is here  
    • new thread created for this claimform please post here now for anything to do with it now . pop up on the bulk court website detailed on the claimform. [if it is not working return after the w/end or the next day if week time] . When you select ‘Register’, you will be taken to a screen titled ‘Sign in using Government Gateway’. Choose ‘Create sign in details’ to register for the first time. You will be asked to provide your name, email address, set a password and a memorable recovery word. You will be emailed your Government Gateway 12-digit User ID. You should make a note of your memorable word, or password as these are not included in the email.  then log in to the bulk court Website .  select respond to a claim and select the start AOS box. .  then using the details required from the claimform . defend all leave jurisdiction unticked  you DO NOT file a defence at this time [BUT you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 ] click thru to the end confirm and exit the website .. get a CCA Request running to the claimant . https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332502-cca-request-consumer-credit-act-1974-updated-january-2015/ .. Leave the £1 PO unsigned and uncrossed . get a CPR  31:14  request running to the solicitors [if one is not listed send to the claimant] ... https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ . .use our other CPR letter if the claim is for an OD or Telecom Debt or Util debt]  https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/332546-legal-cpr-3114-request-request-for-information-when-a-claim-has-been-issued/ on BOTH type your name ONLY Do Not sign anything .do not ever use or give an email . you DO NOT await the return of ANY paperwork  you MUST file a defence regardless by day 33 from the date on the claimform [1 in the count] ..............  
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Northampton  Name of the Claimant ? lowell Solicitors : Overdales solicitors  How many defendant's  joint or self ? Self Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.  13 may 2024 What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? 1. the claim is for the sum of £6163.61due by the defendant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 for hsbc uk bank plc. Account (16 digits) 2. The defendant failed to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a default notice was served under s 87(1)  of the consumer credit act 1974 which as not been compiled with. 3. The debt was legally assigned to the Claimant on 23/08/23, notice on which as been given to the defendant.  4. The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £117.53 the Claimant claims the sum of £6281.14. Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?   Not to my knowledge. Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred? No Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ? Online but it was for a smaller amount they kept on increasing this with me asking Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim. It was assigned to a debt collection agency  Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes  Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor? Yes I also made offers to pay original creditor a smaller amount but was not replied to Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ? No Why did you cease payments? I was made redundant and got a less paid job I also spent some time on furlough during covid and spent some 3 months on ssp off work. What was the date of your last payment? May 2021 Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes at the time I communicated with all my creditor's that I was running out of funds to pay the original agreements once my redundancy money ran out that was when my accounts defaulted. I then wrote to all my creditor's with pro rata offers of payments but debt collectors took over the accounts.
    • Just an update for all. I received about a letter every other week, increasing in threat levels. Then I hadn't had one for a about two weeks, then Saturday received a carbon copy of the very first letter they sent me in February. Made me laugh, rinse and repeat. 
    • So, your response was not received by the SCP as you did not send it with a valid stamp. Therefore, from my two option in post #14, the first option is the only one available to you, but you do not have the option of asking to be sentenced at the fixed penalty level as the reason the SCP did not receive your response was down to you. Here's a reminder of what to do: Respond to the SJPN by pleading “Not Guilty” to both charges. In the “Reasons for pleading Not Guilty” box state that you are willing to plead guilty to the speeding charge providing, and only providing, the “Fail to Provide Driver's Details" (FtP) charge is dropped. This is a tried and tested method to deal with your problem and is almost always successful. Before the pandemic it was necessary to attend court to do this "deal" because it needs the agreement of the police prosecutor.. During the pandemic courts made every effort to have as few  people as possible attend and they began doing this deal under the "Single Justice" procedure without the defendant's attendance. Some courts have carried this procedure on whilst others have reverted to a personal attendance being necessary. If you are required to attend, your case will be taken out of the SJ procedure and you will be given a date for a hearing in the normal Magistrates' Court. If that is the way they do it in the area involved you will have to attend, see the prosecutor and offer your "deal" in person. 
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome picks another victim

rob20042513
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5019 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To add to what WBDFS said, part 31 is the main part of the CPR that you can use.

Mainly it refers to documents mentioned in a statement of case and gives any party the right to inspect documents mentioned in the case of another party.

To use part 31 to get documents otherwise, you have to use part 31.16. To do this you have to make an application to the court (using a form N244 available from Her Majesty's Courts Service - Home) which costs £75. If the application is successful, the court will issue an order instructing the other party to let you inspect the document(s) you applied to see.

I have jsut done this and got such an order.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey very shrewd!!!!!!!

Let me play devils advocate here:

1. Welscum cannot produce the agreement, what happens?

2. Welscum do produce the agreement, then what happens?

3. Mine and Wanabedebtfreesoon little secret as well to add to the mix

Hey very shrewd!!!!!!!

Let me play devils advocate here:

1. Welscum cannot produce the agreement, what happens?

Not an awful lot really, if there's no agreement they can't take you to court to enforce it. So they get to spit and hiss but there's not a lot else they can do :D

2. Welscum do produce the agreement, then what happens?

You know the agreement is fatally flawed so then you share it with everbody on cag and the above answer also applies. Or you can take them to court on a number of issues eg. unfair relationship, unfair terms, unlawful recission of contract and the list goes on....:grin:

3. Mine and Wanabedebtfreesoon little secret as well to add to the mix

Add the answers to 1. and 2. together and you have an excellent case :D

Well if they think they can screw up and treat people like dirt then we all have to join together to fight back for the rights to which we are lawfully entitled.

The Consumer Credit Act 1974 is not there to just look pretty, it's to protect the consumer too :D

Your like an angel in disguise, brilliant i hope justice will be done
:oops::)

letter goes off tomorrow, also what do i do with the lewis group who will still send letters?

Simple answer-IGNORE THEM!!! Make sure you send by recorded delivery every time and keep proof of postage and a copy of letter for yourself :)

ok will do,

also wbdfs the private message i sent you how powerful was that information?

Will that also be detrimental to the case?

thanks, sorry for the 400 questions

It's great too!! Only further compounds your case :) It's a common welcome practice but they will deny it no end! The fact is though, if it gets that far where you'll need to produce that information the burden of proof will be on them to prove their version rather than you prove your version :grin:

You know, if they didn't wanna find themselves in situations like this then they should've acted properly and within the law in the first place shouldn't they???!! :mad:

I think it boils down to hankensens model where their customer concern is 0 and closing the sale is what it takes, the problem is when they screw it right up, there are so many niave people out there including myself where we are not educated enough to know our legal rights!!!!!!! Welcome thrive on this and suck the life out of peopls's finances who dont know any different.

With this forum welcome have become exposed hence their near demise, without caggers like yourself with such determination this would never have happended. Life is to short as it is, and I will not allow them to bully me or dictate what I can do when they decided to break the law, i trusted this company and they have breached that in such a disregard for their customers, i really hope this does not happen to anyone else no matter how tight your finances are, save, save and save again, dont rely on these vultures.

Will update you when the next move takes place, any other feedback from anyone then please feel free to post replies, i hope my situation is helping others to and please listen to wanabedebtfreesoon she has been a god send i promise you, she has calmed me down and got me to see the bigger picture where a few days ago i was beside myself!!!!!!!!!!!! Its not worth the stress. Thanks:D:D

Ok Letter Recieved This Morning From Welcome?

Dear Xxxxxxxxx

Thank You For Your Letter Recieved Xxx Requesting Information Held By Welcome Financial Services Ltd.

In Order For Us To Carry Out Your Request Please Can You Issue The Relevant Fee:

1) £1.00 Will Entitle You A Statement Of Account And Loan Agreement Under The Consumer Credit Act.

2) £10.00 For A Full Data Protection Request, Where We Provide All Information Held By Welcome Financial Services Ltd.

Cheques Should Be Made Payable To Welcome Financial Services Ltd.

Please Note That We Cannot Process Your Request Until We Have Recieved The Relevant Fee.

I Have Done This Before Are They Confused???

Help, I Sent The Letter In Previous Post For Cpr 31.6 Request???

CPR 31.6 deals with standard disclosure - that is disclosure that is part of the court process. You cannot ask for information under 31.6. Did you mean 31.16? If so, you have to make an application to the court using a N244 form and pay £75, you can't jut write to them.

Without a court case, or the promise of one, the only two options open to you are the two Welcome have given.

If you have already done one of these and Welcome have not responded, you shold write and tell them that. Both have remedies for non-compliance.

I would say that you have 2 options really; you can either write back to them and say that your request for info was made under CPR 31.16 whereby you are permitted to request documents for inspection before starting proceedings and therefore no fee is payable.

A fee is only payable if it was a request pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

It's true they absolutely don't have to give the agreement just by you writing and asking for it under CPR 31.16, but it seems fair that you give them the opportunity to voluntarily hand it over before going in all guns blazing with an order for disclosure from the court.

The second option would be to send the follow up letter which says, "I still haven't received the copy I asked for and if you don't give it I'll just have to apply for it via an N244 from court."

Have you had chance to look through this thread, it's really useful?? :)

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use.html

Reading this thread with interest. I have just got my SAR and they too have only provided me with copies of my two agreements with them with a link at the top of the page like a printout of a scanned document from their database.

Is it recommended that all requests for CCA are made using the CPR 31.16 now rather than the standard request or just particular scenerios?

What WBDFS said may work but they only have to take notice of a part 31.16 request if you get a court order. In fact PAr 31.16 says, "This rule applies where an application is made to the court under any Act for disclosure before proceedings have started..."

What WBDFS said may work but they only have to take notice of a part 31.16 request if you get a court order. In fact PAr 31.16 says, "This rule applies where an application is made to the court under any Act for disclosure before proceedings have started..."

Hello Steven4064, I've read Pt2537's thread on this topic and it goes through the whole process step by step from writing an initial letter to obtaining the order, it's fab! ;)

There is also a part which suggests that if you don't write to them prior to applying for the order you may find yourself liable for the other sides costs, should the order not be granted by the court because of a failure to adhere to pre action protocaol on the applicant's part! :eek:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/173201-why-you-shouldnt-use-98.html

hi guys and girls, could any body possibly help me. i recieved my subject access request today as advised by you guys. only to find that they have sent me copies and the date as been alltered on my copy of the agreement, and on the lagal charge mine and my partners signature have clearley been forged. what should i do HELP.

slightly confused guys,

so do I:

a) send them a £1.00 and get my agreement (but i have done this before)

b) send them £10 for full subject access request

c) send them a letter stating they have not fulfiled ny cpr 31.16 request?

Just confused because I already have the copy of the agreement which is incorrect and welcome have admitted this, but I dont have a copy of the orginal agreement from when it was last re-booked as the one I have is from their database print off???

please advise, thanks

In my opinion I would say c) for now. You need to notify them that no fee is payable as this is NOT a Consumer Credit Act request, but in the interests of being reasonable you could enclose a SAE so they won't be out of pocket ;)

The fee of £1 is ONLY payable if you had made a request under Sec77/78 of CCA 1974.

In order for them to be forced to hand over the said documents you have to file a N244 at court and the court will issue an order to produce. All you are effectively doing now is saying, "Look I'm trying to be fair with you here, I want a copy of the signed original documents because I believe there is something on them that is dubious, and I'm giving you the option to give it voluntarily. If you don't want to give it I'll have no option but to apply for an order from the court whereby you will be forced to give it, so don't say I didn't tell you in advance of my intentions."

The court will be more inclined to grant the order if you can show that you've exhausted all other possibilities and this is a last resort because they're refusing to co-operate.

Hello Rob, I've had a go at a letter for you. Have a read thru and see how you feel :) Anything I say is not written in stone so please feel free to change anything you like or take further advice!! :D Cos end of day stuff, this is your case and you have to play it in a way that best suits you :)

Welcome Financial Services Ltd

Compliance Department

Mere Way

Ruddington

Nottingham

NG11 6NZ

Date:

FORMAL REQUEST FOR INFORMATION

CPR part 31.16

Account number: XXXXXXXX

Dear Sirs

On XXXXX I wrote to your organisation requesting that you supply me a copy of the agreement for my account. My request extended to the full agreement which bore my signature. Additionally I require the underwriting sheet or other document showing any commissions paid to you by the broker or by you to the broker.

I enclose a copy of the letter which was sent for your information.

I am now in receipt of the response issued by Welcome Finance dated XXXXX, requesting a fee in order to fulfil my request. I am very puzzled by this as my request for information was made in accordance with CPR 31.16 whereby no fee is payable. I did try to make it clear in my original letter stating that this was NOT a request made under section 77/78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974.

The £1 fee would only be payable if I had made the request pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act 1974. My request was made pursuant to Civil Procedure Rule 31.16 with the intention of giving Welcome Finance an opportunity to provide the requested documents so as to avoid the need for an application to the Court for an Order to Produce; and therefore no fee was required.

For the avoidance of doubt I still require copies of the documents originally requested, or confirmation that you no longer have them, by XXXXXX(21 days from date of this letter).

To avoid any financial issue that may be involved in Welcome Finance fulfilling my request I have enclosed a stamped, self addressed envelope for your convenience.

I hope this has cleared this matter up and I look forward to receiving your prompt response.

Yours Rob20042513

• Haha 1