style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

This is in connection with Council Tax Arrears - which I've now paid fully! I was late with a payment to the DCA and they then put a bailiff on my case! I did get some excellent advice from this forum which was very beneficial in dealing with the (illegal) tactics of the bailiff regarding their fees.

I wrote to the council informing them of the conduct of the bailiff and DCA, plus informing them that I would be paying them directly(plus a copy of my letter to the DCA); which I have now done and my arrears have been paid in full.

I hand delivered my letter to the One Stop Shop and have a receipt. This was roughly six weeks ago and my letters have gone unanswered, that is until today when a letter from the DCA dropped through my letter box! A summary of the contents:-

Dear Mr X,

£***** owed to City Council in relation to a Council Tax debt.

1. Offering me a final chance to make a payment to discharge the debt. They may consider an arrangement where appropriate.

2. They have given me 7 days to respond. Warning me that they will be forced to return the Liability Order to the council with a report to indicate that I have failed to respond to their (this is a LIE as the letter which arrived today was their first response to the letter I sent to them and the council - dated March 25th, 2009)requests for payment(my letter to them told them I would be paying the council direct).

3. Informing me that I face a court appearance and possible prison.

I would appreciate advice from anyone regarding what my next move should be. What my thoughts are is to visit the One Stop Shop with copies of my correspondence and the letter I have just received, and the receipt from March 25th, 2009.

Thanking you in advance.

seeker27