Wrong amount charged to card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5508 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently spent around £25 in a store but have had my bank statement showing the amount as £75.

My bank has said that as it was a card transaction and the PIN was entered correctly they cant help.

The receipt should be around somewhere but having just moved house Im not sure where, so if it does not turn up can anyone advise me of what my options are to recover the overcharged amount?

Not from the bank... as they simply authorised your transaction once you entered your PIN, the amount to be debited would have been shown on the display, and it would be this you agreed to - whether you looked at the display or not.

In disputes like these - you need to go to the store you made the purchase from with the receipt, which will show the amount charged and the amount taken from your card. Only by having this can you challenge the amount you paid, if it was in error.

Without a receipt, you are really up the creek - unless the store can identify your payment by looking at your bank statement, and pull up the relevant transaction from that.

had a development with this.

My bank called back to say that they looked into this and discovered that a transaction went through for £25.10 and was then voided, it was then resent through for £75 but no void receipt was requested and so appears fraudulent so they have contacted the store who now have 48 hours to explain the no void receipt request and prove a receipt for £75.

They also said it would be difficult to spend exactly £75 in the store concerned and they have this type of thing regularly from them