Natwest Mastercard - Recalming Charges and Default Removal.

bigkacker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5472 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there can anybody help me with this (this is a long story).

In 2004 I took out a Natwest Mastercard everything was going fine untill I set up a standing order to pay £80 per month. THrough my own error I set the standing order up with the incorrect sort code and for three months the standing order left my account and then went back into my current account, subsequentyly Natwest were not being paid during this time.

The matter came to my attention in August 2005 at which point I called Natwest and cleared the arrears infull immediately.

In August 2006 I lost my job and again fell behind on repayments. I have since caught up with the arrears and settled the account in full.

In February of this year I was declined an offer of employment with another bank because of a default on my credit file from Natwest going back to August 2006.

Having written to Natewst on several occasions I am no further forward. They claim to have sent the Default Notice in July 2005 and by their own admission did not send a Default Warning Notice for the Default issued in 2006. Natwest refuse to remove this default but have marked this on my credit file as satisfied, this is not acceptable.

I am now claiming back my charges and have sent them the SAR, is it worth requesting the default to be removed as part of my court claim (if and when it comes to that)?

I hate to go agaist the grian of this site but my advice is to go see your bank manager. I was in a similar situation to yourself (default improperly)and spent a long time on the road to court but in the end it was my bank manager who sorted it out.

If you go in and see them and explain the problem they will ring natwest Insolvancy and client support team who will in term request that you write to them with details of the issue and they will consider it (and they do).

You want to tell your bank manager that you never intended to not pay and that even though you were made redundant you always sought to pay off your debts and so the default is an unneccessarily harsh outcome they will be on your side.

Then if this doesnt work go down the court route.

Honestly, this is what i did and i got a default removed within 14 days with no problems what so ever - well worth a try at least

DCA Theats: Jystmystry V's Wescot - I Win (link)

Default Removal: Jystmystry V's NatWest - In Progress (link)

General Debt - Jysmystry v's Optical Express (link)

You can run but you'll just die tired