Joint county court judgement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5478 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Just recently received my credit report and i have a joint county court judgement and needed more information.

I was living in student halls for a year and kept up all payments until the last one which was for £1400, i couldnt pay this and over time i was sent a count court letter which i filled in, i got a reply and my offer of monthly repayments was accepted. I am currently making the payments.

I had an gurantor on my student application. Now he has tried to apply for a credit card but he was refused, he got a copy of his credit report and he is showing the county court judgement too. Why has he got the judgement too?

Is there anyway i can get the judgement off his name?

I think that you need to get a copy of the judgment to see if the guarantor is named on it.

Hiya, well he has checked his credit report and the judgement is on his file, so wouldnt that mean he has it too?

Of course i will get a copy of the judgement.

Ok just say for example, i used him as a gurantor without his permission, and i signed the forms and put down a signature. He wasnt aware of this at all, and i gained copies of his bill and driving license. There had to be a witness too, for example i forged the witness's signature also without him knowing he was going to be a witness for the gurantor.

What would happen to me if i told the people i owe the money to, that he wasnt aware he was going to be a gurantor and i forged his signature, what would happen to me in terms of legally and financially as well as my credit file?

Thats fraud, and they can take you to court and probably end up with a criminal conviction.

Your credit file would still be buggered and you'd probably be marked by N Hunter as a fraud risk. Your guarantor would have to contact the CRA's/County Courts to say that a fraud had been committed and supply proof of your conviction of this offence to get the CCJ removed.