Met parking fines - court action

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I got a MET parking ticket back in December 08 and unlike me I braved it out and didn't pay as I felt the sign wasn't very clear on the enforcement times, and though I thought I was prepared to go to court to argue this point after reading on the forum that they very rarely go to court I didn't think it would go that far. I have now just recieved a final notice from the solicitors and I don't know if it'll be better to call them to try and find out a court date (I'm expecting a baby in July, so I'd have a good excuse without giving away my defense) or just to carry on ignoring it, its just being pregnant my hormones are all over the place and I don't think I can brave it out anymore?

I'm new to this site, so forgive me if I've done this wrong - or gone on too long!

Hello and Welcome,

I'll move this thread to the appropriate Forum.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

A final notice from "solicitors" does not mean court action is going to take place. Tracy sends out the first letter. Sharon on the next desk sends out the debt collector letter then Shane in the office down the corridor sends the solicitors letter.

Only do something if you receive an actual court claim.

I have now just recieved a final notice from the solicitors and I don't know if it'll be better to call them to try and find out a court date

No!

Any contact with the PPC will only be seen as a weakness and take you straight to the top of their "must harrass continuously" pile.

Continue to ignore until you receive REAL court papers, then come back here for further help (but don't hold your breath that the papers will come :) )

Before I joined the forum - I did cave in and call (about an hour ago now). I gave them a reference number and they put my through to the 'correct' department, but this was just a voicemail which I hung up on.

Will the switchboard get anything from that?