Rocwell Debt collection

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5506 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I am new to the board but could really do with some help.

Firstly mcenzie hall i had to change my tel number as the last prson who had it had debts that i was being persued for i told them to eithr leave me alone or i would contact the police for harassment...that didnt work so ended up changing my tel number!

my problem today is that on wednesday i rec a letter from rockwell telling me, well here's the letter

this account with a balance of £727.41 as at 31st may 2004 was sold by royal bank of scotland plc to teresa portfolio management ltd ("TPM") on 5th July 2004 TPM are the legal owners of this account and are entitled to all future payments. Taking onto account payments received up to and including 5th July 2004, the current balance of this accout is £727.41.

TPM have appointed Rockwell (who also trade as Rockwell Debt Collection agency) as managing agents for this account, to manage all payments tht are due from you.

We have been passed your account by Teresa Portfolio Mangagement ltd in order to arrange the repayment of your outstanding balance.

It is very important tht you contact us on 0870 606 0807 so that we may make the necessary arrangements as soon as possible. We would also like to remind you that no further payments should be made directly to the ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND PLC, they must now all be made via Rockwell.

In order that we can get ypur payments arrangements in place as early as possible, we must ask that you contact our office before 2 may 2009.

As a responsible company we have our own internal complaints procedure and by accessing our website, you will find links to the financial ombudsman service and various other trade organisations which we are affiliated to.

Should you require the telephone numbers for theses organisations please do not hessitate to contact us

yours faithfully

ROCKWELL.

THEN TODAY I GOT ANOTHER LETTER IN RED!! less than 48 hrs after the first one, this goes....

we have been instructed by ROYAL BANK OF SCOTLAND ( NATWEST)PLC TO CONTACT YOU REGARDING THE ABOVE ACCOUNT WHICH REMAINS UNPAID

YOUR DEBT IS NOW OVERDUE AND MUST BE PAID IN FULL TO THESE OFFICES WITHIN THE NEXT 7 DAYS OTHERWISE WE WILL TAKE IMMEDIATE ACTION

ALSO A LETTER SUPPSIDLY FROM NATWEST BANK PLC COLLECTIONS MANAGER....NO HEADDING NO REGISTERED MARK JUST PLAIN WHITE A4 PIECE OF PAPER STATING...

WE HEREBY GIVE NOTICE OF THE ASSIGNEMENT OF THE DEBT DUE TO US BY YOU IN RESPECT OF THE OUTSTANDING BALANCE ON YOUR NATWEST CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT.

ON 5TH JULY 2004 YOUR ACCOUNT WAS ASSIGNED TO TERESA PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT LTD WHO ARE NOW THE LEGAL OWNERS OF THE DEBT, WO HAVE APPOINTED ROCKWELL AS THEIR MANAGING AGENT FOR THIS DEBT.

ALL FURTHER COMMUNICATION MUST TEREFOR BE ADDRESSED TO ROCKWELL AT THE ADDRESS

ROCKWELL POBOX 66 SOUTH END ON SEA ESSEX SS1 2GX

PROBLEM IS I HAVE NEVER HAD A CREDIT CARD WITH NATWEST!! yes when i was at college over 10 yrs ago now , i did and yes i had an a/c and solo card & overdraft with them and yes i continued to pay till the debt was cleared...but i have NEVER had a credit card!

please someone tell me what to do ....this couldnt have happended at a worse time for me the doctor has just put me off work for a week and told me to relax dont get stressed or anything as i am in early pregnancy and i want to call and say i have never had a credit card but after the perfomance i had with mckenzie hall..which was not even for me i dread it .

please help much appreciated

lisa:eek:

Edited by uklesa
spelling

Welcome to the Forum! :)

Firstly, don't panic!! You are in the right place, and there are plenty of people on the forum with lots of knowledge that can and will help you!

First thing to remember is that these people have no power to do anything without a court say-so! They can make up all kinds of threats, but they are all hot-air!!! ;)

Always remember, that it is you that is in control and not them! If they say that you owe them money....... then they HAVE to prove it!

It sounds like a phishing trip...... where they basically send out demands to everyone with the same/simillar name etc within a particular area.

I would fire this letter off to them, and then wait and see what they come back with:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Edit to suit and remember to NEVER sign your name!! Either print your name or leave it blank!!

Edited by UnitedFront

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

THANK YOU!:D

I am going to do the letter asap! do you think i should still call though? or just write and see? lol

thank you so much again and i will keep you posted.

NEVER EVER EVER EVER speak to these people on the phone!! They will try and bully and browbeat you into agreeing to all sorts!! Including, but not limited to, handing over your first born!!

If they ring you, just simply say "Everything in writing only" and put the phone down. Refuse to go throught their security questions and let them go away!! :)

You are in control, not them! You decide who you do and do not speak to on the phone!! :)

If you find that they are persistently ringing, then let us know as there is a seperate Telephone Harassment letter that you can send.

Also, I forgot to say in my last post, to make sure you send all the letters by recorded deliever and keep the receipt!! ;)

I am rarely around these parts any more. I only stop by when something has come to my attention that has sufficiently annoyed me so as to persuade me to awake from my nap and put in my two pence.

I am a final year law student; I am NOT an expert in law. All of my posts are just my opinion. I cannot be held responsible for any outcome whatsoever resulting from any person following the opinions or information contained within my posts. Always seek professional legal advice from a qualified lawyer.

Typical pondlife scummy DCA.

They are using a variety of Company Names and Trading Names, to try and give the impression they are bigger and more sophisticated than they really are.

Rockwell are Tessera Credit Services Limited trading as. It's a Trading Name of a Tessera Company.

They probably huddle around one desk, and decide each morning who will assign which debt for collection to the bloke sitting opposite. They probably do it blindfold to make it more businesslike.

My advice is to check any letterheads you get carefully, and do some background research into the Company behind the name.

Places to start looking are:

Companies House

Use the Free Web Check to investigate Company Names and Company Numbers, so you can find their Registered Office.

Public Register

The above is the OFT Site, where you can have a jolly good look at their little old Consumer Credit Licences, lack of, or expiry of, or any Companies that have a similar name.

You'd be amazed what links and interesting bumf you can find.

Know your enemy.

Cheers,

BRW

:rolleyes:

thanks everyone!

i have done what people have said letter has been sent recorded, but i have not contacted them any other way..seems these people just like to pick names out of a hat!!.

I really appreciate all the help from the board and will keep you all updated. they make you so angry:mad:.

heres hoping they leave me alone if not trading standars and any other people i can think of will be informed of there practices they need a good telling off and iof all else fails a letter to the PM...mind you doubt that wil help!lol

fingers crossed all and thanks again:D

Good for you!!! I hope you are feeling stronger and less worried now that you have the control!! :D

UF