Natwest Woes.

Lazaruseifer
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

(Just before I start, Im dyslexic, sydcalculic and I had APD, so if some stuff doesnt seem to make sense, please just ask me to re-explain)

After reading a few horror stories around here, my own personal horror story seems like a mere scare in the streets at night, from a heroin addict, all whilst stumbling home after a few shandy's.

(I have just wrote a massive story and realized I was waffling, so I'll try and keep it simple, if people want to know details, I'll fill them in, but I realize people are too busy to read a story, so if my post seems to the point and a tad "rude" (for want of a better word), im sorry)...

If anyone could help with these few questions, I would be very, very greatful.

1. Can natwest change an account from a savings account to a student account without my consent. Which is what they have done.

2. Following on from that, is it legal to have 2 student accounts at the same bank, because thats what I have.

3. Natwest have put an ATM stop on my main student account which I have my student loans going into (my only source of income), because of a £500 loan not being honured. (this is another story in itself.), can they actually keep on bullying me into paying off my debts, which mostly seem to be just charges.

But to keep it short, I have a 500 loan which I fell back on repayments (which was coming out of my main account), so i phoned them and they transferred the repayments to my current account (which is what they turned into a second student account) and now, that account has gone to like -£800 from £250 in the space of a few months.

And now I know when I phone, to get the ATM lock from my account that I live off, they are going to bully me into coughing up. and at this moment in time I simply cannot afford that. Seriously!

I just wish I could default on them and just stop them snowballing me, which is what they are doing, and then sort it out.

Lazerus, on (1) Definitely not. What kind of savings account was it? Did you have an old Card Plus account because in the historic past you ticked a box to convert it to a student account at 18?

(2) yes legal, but see answer to 1 which is what I suspect.

(3) The answer even on that one is yes they can stop the card if their is loan arrears.

I would start reclaiming the bank charges back. Are you saying that account 2 is 550 over the overdraft limit?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Sorry mate, account 2 is 800 overdrawn, but this is what they have been taking the loan arreras from, it's all soooo confusing.

I definetly didn't change it to a student account mate, honestly, it just happened about 3 months back, they cannot even explain it. :eek:

Sorry mate, account 2 is 800 overdrawn, but this is what they have been taking the loan arreras from, it's all soooo confusing.

I definetly didn't change it to a student account mate, honestly, it just happened about 3 months back, they cannot even explain it. :eek:

Was it a former card plus account?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Even though they can stop me withdrawing money through my ATM card, can they stop me drawing out money from the cashdesk?

Arrears do need to be cleared so technically they should investigate any stop on an account. Whether they do is another matter.