HOW MUCH!!! Time to RAILROAD Halifax!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6430 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year, from [date when the money became owed to you] to [the date you are issuing the claim] of £ [put in the amount] and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of [enter the daily rate of interest]. Working out interest

To work out the amount of interest you are owed up to the date you start the claim, you first need to work out the daily rate of interest. Using a calculator do the following:

0.00022 x the amount of your claim.

This gives you the daily rate of interest.

You then need to work out the amount of interest you are owed up to the date you issue your claim. Count how many days have passed since the money became owed to you and multiply that number by the daily rate of interest.

For example,

If you are owed £1,000, the rate of interest would be as follows:

0.00022 x 1,000 = 0.22

So the daily rate of interest is 22p.

If the debt became owed to you on 7 March and you are filling in the claim form on 26 April, 50 days have passed.

So, 50 x 0.22 = 11.

You can add £11 to the amount you are claiming.

The total figure for interest and the amount you are claiming must be entered in the 'Amount claimed' box in the bottom right-hand corner of the claim form. The fee you will have to pay to issue your claim will be based on this figure. Please note the rate of interest depends on the type of claim that you wish to make. If you are unsure you should seek legal advice before issuing your claim. For free legal information help and advice contact the Community Legal Service on 0845 345 4345 or at Community Legal Service Direct

• Confused 1

Barclaycard Student credit card £400 partial refund received, S.A.R -

Open & Direct Finance- extortionate, cca to Rockwell debt collection they ran away, now with Bryan Carter, no cca 17/03/08 sent back to Open

Pugsley v Littlwoods, have not received the signed credit agreement only quoting reg of 1983

Pugsley v Fashion World JD williams, 17/03 2008 Debt Managers returning file to JD williams as they could not supply the credit agreement

Capital one MCOL Settled in full

Smile lba settled in full

advice is given informally and without liability and without prejudice.

I wouldn't worry about this - if they had something which they would want to rely upon in court they would let you know - so consider it a case of 'no evidence'.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

4 threads merged - please stick to this one now so that questions and answers don't go astray.

Best of luck

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

can i claim the interest charged to my account which has been debited at the end of every month while i've been overdrawn if so can i claim the whole amount debited each month or part of each charge quick help or response would be greatly received as filling in moneyclaim thanx

17/7/06 S.A.R

8/8/06 Prelim Letter sent for £2136

29/8/06 14 Day Deadline, No Response!

30/8/06 L.B.A Sent, revised claim for £2175

7/9/06 Standard "sorry you're not happy" letter

9/9/06 Offer £400, no thanks!

21/9/06 New offer £1182, no thanks!

29/9/06 Court claim filed for £2753.73

2/10/06 Settled in Full, plus court fee, SUCCESS!!

you'll need to work out how much of the interest charges related to the penalty charges you are reclaiming. The only way I know to do this is to use the spreadsheet available in the library as it calculates it for you. It gives you step by step instructions.