"Parking Charge" £70 Euro Car Parks?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The Letter looks fine to me. I'd keep the bit in about the offence. It'll show them they are not dealing with a wally but someone who is well informed.

Thanks for this, I am sending the letter today and will let you know how we get on!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are having trouble getting an address for ALDI try this link.

I was sent a PCN from Parkingeye for £40, and was going to pay. Not now I have read these comments.

I have read many comments where people cannot complain to ALDI. There are no contact details as they want you to go to the Shop Managers. This will not solve a PCN issue.This is the recruitement page of their website and has a comment from the MD. That is where one of my letters will be going.

http://recruiting.uk.aldi.com/download/Aldi_UK_Brochure_AreaManager.pdf

:)

If you are having trouble getting an address for ALDI try this link.

I was sent a PCN from Parkingeye for £40, and was going to pay. Not now I have read these comments.

Under the Companies Act 2006 an incorporated Company must have a registered address for all correspondence and legal communications to be sent to. You can check this address at Companies House using their free Webcheck service. Click here and enter Aldi.

For the record I found the same information on the Aldi website.

Here are the results:

Name & Registered Office:

ALDI LIMITED

HOLLY LANE

ATHERSTONE

WARWICKSHIRE

CV9 2SQ

Company No. 02333320

Ph: 0870 513 4262

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barnsley boy,

Thanks for that, it seemed a little far fetched to me as well. But i thought it would be best to ask.

Thanks a lot and those templates are great, had a read through and they are a1.. cheers .

will let you all know how it goes, if it does!!!!! :-)

Sorry to be a pain but i'm a bit confused now - should I be writing to Aldi as well? I've just replied directly to Parking Eye.....

There is no need. Parking Eye are the ones alleging the debt and are therefore the ones you need to respond to.

You might want to fire a letter off to Aldi's customer services department telling them what you think of their parking policy. lol

My response was to the other poster who was wanting to write to Aldi directly and seemed to be having trouble finding an address.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

you do not have to write to ALDI, but it helps to keep them informed of your aggreavance. I saw on another site that ALDI had stopped the parking charge if you could prove that you had spent at least £30 in the store.I just wrote to Paul Foley the MD, to express my disgust, it can do no harm. I have also used the templates to respond to Parkingeye, so I will keep you updated on their progress.Thanks to all for their help.

Hi there I wondered if you cpould possible Help me to send Euro Car Parking Company a letter?

They said they had given my car a ticket but I have not seen one! So I wrote to them explaing this and yet recieved another letter from them saying that this was noted but I was still respnsible for paying the over stay Fine!

I wrote back and explained the situation again and asked to see Prove of this and the fact that I was Driving, as I am the Registared Owner...(I have not drove this car as I am in the Trade and Occassionally lend this Car out to customers while I fix their car). However I have now recieved another Letter from Controlaccount Credit Management on behalf of Euro Car Parks Ltd., saying the amount now due is £95.00 and the possibilitie to commence Litigation and to obtain Judgement against me if the Fine isnot Paid!

Why is there No mention of the letter I sent to them?

Would you please beable to help me Draft aletter to put astop to this Once and for All?

:confused: help me to Draft aletter to Euro Car Parks....Please.

Hi confussed.

ControlAccount Credit Management are presuambly a Debt Collection Agency. A DCA makes a living out of threatening letters and will frequently ignore your representations.

Write to them saying that you disputing the debt with Euro Car Parks they have made and that under OFT guidelines they should refer the matter back to their client. You also state that you deny that any money is owing to them.

Have a read of Bernie the Bolts template letters in stickies section at the top of this forum. Click here. There is a specific letter for submitting to Debt Collection agencies.

You should also write to the Euro and further deny their charges. Use the templates and add the relevant paragraphs. Post what you are going to send up here and someone will give you feedback.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just to keep you updated - its been two weeks since I sent my letter and we've not heard anything yet. I don't want to tempt fate but I will be seriously shocked if the letter worked at the first attempt! Is it normal for them to take so long to reply?

We are actually almost 4 weeks passed the 7 day deadline for response too - is this a good sign?

Keep your fingers crossed!!

Az

• 4 weeks later...

PARKING eye Ltd

I was 14 minutes late in an ALDI car park. I received a PCN requiring payment in 14 days and then 10 days later a photo of my car requiring payment in 18 days. I sent one of Bernie the Bolt templates to them and wrote to ALDI. They came back to me and said that they would cancel the ticket if I proved I had spent money in the store that day. This I did, but have not been able to get a response confirming this from ALDI.

I have now received a letter form a company called CCS Collect Ltd who portray to be a collection company threatening court action and the bailiffs. Interestingly the company is based in the same offices as Parkingeye and has the same bank account details!!!

So another letter courtesy of Bernie will be sent and let's see what happens then.

Why bother wasting your stamps?

Just ignore them. What do you actually suppose will happen, cos it sure as hell ain't gonna be court action!

I received one of these this morning -

I admit i was in the car park as i was working in one of the stores as a visitor - what can i do - please answer my new thread posted as i am worried sick about this ....thanks guys

Simple - ignore them. You have just received an unenforceable invoice. Only councils can issue parking fines.

You will receive many threatening letters over the next few weeks - completely ignore. They are simply trying to scare you into paying.

They will never take you to court and if they did they wouldn't have a leg to stand on. They make their money by scaring people into paying.

Do not pay. Do not worry. They will go away eventually.

Hi all,

Just to keep you updated - its been two weeks since I sent my letter and we've not heard anything yet. I don't want to tempt fate but I will be seriously shocked if the letter worked at the first attempt! Is it normal for them to take so long to reply?

We are actually almost 4 weeks passed the 7 day deadline for response too - is this a good sign?

Keep your fingers crossed!!

Az

Hi all,

Well, it was too good to be true, we received another letter from Parking Eye stating amongst other jargon, that it was our responsibilty to prove who was driving the car and saying that if they do not hear from us within 7 days, further action will be taken. Am I right in thinking that if we ignore this letter, they will go away?? Also, is it true that if bailiffs are sent that they should go away if we tell them the matter is in dispute?

I'm trying to keep my nerve but its proving difficult!

Need a pep-talk!

Thanks

Az

Hi all,

Well, it was too good to be true, we received another letter from Parking Eye stating amongst other jargon, that it was our responsibilty to prove who was driving the car and saying that if they do not hear from us within 7 days, further action will be taken. Am I right in thinking that if we ignore this letter, they will go away?? Also, is it true that if bailiffs are sent that they should go away if we tell them the matter is in dispute?

I'm trying to keep my nerve but its proving difficult!

Need a pep-talk!

Thanks

Az

Your responsibility to prove who was driving the car..........Total BS. This is a civil case - onus of proof lies with the complainant. They have to prove who the driver was to establish who the contract is with. They are misquoting the Road Traffic Act 1991. Ask them to quote the relevant statute or case law to back up this fantasy claim.

Use the template letters to get the response.

Legally they cannot send bailiffs. In this situation bailiffs will only be appointed by the court if you have lost the case and if you have failed to pay the amount set by the court.

If they use a Debt Collection Agency to doorstep you (most unlikely) tell them to leave your property and call the police if they refuse. If a DCA writes to you then send a letter saying the matter is in dispute.

Stand your ground. These people write threatening letters for a living. There is little legal substance to the threats. Remember if they can't find out the identity of the driver they cannot even begin a case and you are under no legal obligation to help them.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone could offer me some advice on a Parking fine issued by Euro Car Parks, for "overstaying" in a Sainsburys car park where there is no pay and display and to my knowledge no signs stating time limit ect. I'm a fairly new driver(6 months now) and am not too sure of what to do.

Today 16th March 2008 I recieved the fine for £70 by post saying that I had failed to pay the notice within the specified time(this is the first I knew about it). On the letter itself it says that the date of issue was the 11th March 2008. As Sainsburys is my local shop I could visit as much as 3 times a week so I cannot recall this particular occasion.

Please Help :|

Usual advice:

• Do not pay

• Do not contact them

Ignore any threatening letters you receive, no matter how scary they sound

• They will not take you to court

• They will go away after 5 or 6 letters.

Have a read through the threads. It is unenforceable. I had letters from Parkingeye. Then came the letters from a collection agency, that just happened to be in the same building as Parkingeye!! So it is all a con to frighten you into paying. However you do have to pay if the car park is council run.

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone could offer me some advice on a Parking fine issued by Euro Car Parks, for "overstaying" in a Sainsburys car park where there is no pay and display and to my knowledge no signs stating time limit ect. I'm a fairly new driver(6 months now) and am not too sure of what to do.

Today 16th March 2008 I recieved the fine for £70 by post saying that I had failed to pay the notice within the specified time(this is the first I knew about it). On the letter itself it says that the date of issue was the 11th March 2008. As Sainsburys is my local shop I could visit as much as 3 times a week so I cannot recall this particular occasion.

Please Help :|

Hi welcome to the forums.

You've had good advice so far. Have a look at the stickies section at the top of the forum. The Private Parking Companies Guide will show you the validity of their ticket.

There are also some template letters in the sticky section that you can use to respond to these tickets.

The basic rules are admit nothing and don't engage with their appeals process. If you have any questions please post back. If you feel threatened or intimidated then post back - you will receive plenty of encouragement and support.

Hi MIN 23,

Had the same problem last year, STILL waiting to be taken to Court, LOL, If my saga is still on the site have a look at it it'll cheer you up if nothing else, They scared the heck out of me initially, But thanks to this site and the Great bunch tha ar on it , I stood my ground and ignored them, I'm still waiting fore my sumons And would welcome my day in court, If they dare. (they Probably wont when they loos it will cost them a fortune) I cannot give you advice the decision must be yours, I didn't pay .

Ther Ar some clued up people on the site who Ar more knowledgeable than I,Read through, Make up your mind and Stick to it, Regards Dj :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4848 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks