Threatened court action over Parking Fines

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter this morning from the Scottish Court Service regarding outstanding parking fines. They say I have 7 days to pay or further action will be taken.

I am on incapacity benefit and there's no way I can pay the amount they are asking in the time period. Plus - the parking fines are in dispute as they relate to a period of time when I was in hospital or recovering from surgery and had no way of putting parking tickets on my car. Furthermore - the parking is in further dispute as the council does not provide adequate residents parking spaces, forcing us to park in very expensive council run car parks - which we've complained numerous times about to local councillors and MSPs.

I am worried sick and need some advice. Parking fines relate to periods between 2005-2006.

Pls help.

Thanks.

L x

There are several issues - are you saying you've never had a parking ticket, yet the first you knew of a problem was when the court asked you to pay up?

Where YOU are (when the ticket is issued) is immaterial to an appeal, it's where the car was - and I'm not clear whether you actually paid the Council for a Resident's Parking Permit, but in areas where there are not enough Resident's bays, GCC at least have let residents use normal parking bays adjacent to their coded Resident's Bay area to take up the slack. Council run car parks are for visitors, and are charged accordingly.