DLC / Hillesden... Barclays Master Loan - Set aside of CCJ help please

RW Fugitive
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3836 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Got a letter a couple of days ago from these "people" and my heart sunk :(

It's in reference to a CCJ they must of got after I left my last address over 2 years ago.

.. at the time they were trying to go for a charging order on my home, but sold it just in time :D

Now they have caught up with me and sent the following letter :eek::(

Dear RW Fugitive,

Our client: Hillesden Securities Ltd

Court ********

Claim Number **********

Balance £8,***.**

You have not made any payments under this judgment and you leave us no alternative but to instruct our Solicitors to take Enforecement action for the FULL remaining balance.

This could involve additional fees of anything between £25-£65 for each enforcement action taken against you and will be added to the amount you will untimately pay.

There are a number of different methods of enforcemnt available to our Solicitors... etc...etc...

If you wish to avoid this, contact us straightaway, if not we will be passing the matter over to our Solicitors within the next 5-7 days.

Your Faithfully,

scribble

LITIGATION DEPARTMENT

What should I do? Obviously if they got a CCJ.... what are my options here?

Any advice welcome... ps. I no longer own my own home.

Ok... yes they did get a CCJ.... the other thing is and this is a seperate issue... AMEX is still on there as "unsatisfied" and I paid them in full (I'll get back to that at a later date!!! :mad: )

So what do you think I should do next? Thanks :)

Edited by RW Fugitive

If you moved when the claim was issued and you can prove it then you would get it set aside pretty easily - you MUST get this set aside ASAP - Removal of CCJ's - Step by step guide to the process - a SAR (Subject Access Request) to the original creditor would also be a good option too.....

Cheers 42man :) ... will have a read..

Right... DLC / Hillisden have signed for my SAR letter this morning... I take it the 40 days starts now?

I'm guessing they are going to start hassling me now for payment.. should I pay them anything or wait to see if the CCJ gets set aside? :confused:

Any advice greatfully recieved :)

Edited by RW Fugitive

• 2 weeks later...

It's all gone quiet... nothing from DLC.. nothing from the courts (although I expect them to take a little longer )... is this normal?

DLC/Hillesden were threatening all kinds if I didn't pay in 5 days ( 20th April ) :-|

• 4 weeks later...

ok.. got a bumf in the post from Hillesden and the now infamous A E Locke! :p

All they have provided was my account history printouts from when they bought the debt

and how they tried to get a charging order etc...

. no copies of default notices

, credit agreements..

no copy of assignment...

plus got letter back from Northampton saying I need to send application to my local court

as when Hillesden went for a charging order on my old property it was transferred there!..

. so I need to send that off today.

What should I do now though????

Can I write back to Hillesden and say they haven't fully responded to my requests??

or because they currently have a CCJ can they get away with this???

HELP! :(

What should I do now though???? Can I write back to Hillesden and say they haven't fully responded to my requests?? or because they currently have a CCJ can they get away with this???

HELP! :(

Hi RW,

they probably have sent all they had, if so all the better...SAR shud really go to the Original Creditors regstd address.

if ive read ur thread rite, u ve sent the N244 for set aside already havent u ? if so have u dun any CPR requests yet as ur hearing date will probably be upon you b4 the time limit of another SAR to the OC? id still send one anyway if the £10 is not a prob u might get some useful stuff back in time.

• Haha 1

Hi RW,

they probably have sent all they had, if so all the better...SAR shud really go to the Original Creditors regstd address.

if ive read ur thread rite, u ve sent the N244 for set aside already havent u ? if so have u dun any CPR requests yet as ur hearing date will probably be upon you b4 the time limit of another SAR to the OC? id still send one anyway if the £10 is not a prob u might get some useful stuff back in time.

Thanks R&B for your reply... I got the N244 sent back to me yesterday (from Northampton BCC) saying it needs to be sent to my local court as it has been transfered there... so need to send off again (they didn't cash the cheque).... the OC was Barclays Masterloan...will do a search for their address online and send a SAR to them.

I haven't done any CPR requests yet... I'll get on with SAR and the N244 today.. don't want to delay this any more as Hillesden (from my past experience) are like bulldogs and very agressive! :mad:

well they d better be sure of their ground then eh?

on what grounds are u looking to set aside the judgment?

regstd addresses to most places here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31052-contact-details-banks-j.html

well they d better be sure of their ground then eh?

on what grounds are u looking to set aside the judgment?

regstd addresses to most places here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31052-contact-details-banks-j.html

cheers for the link R&B! :)

They got the CCJ at my old address when I had moved out 6 months earlier.

. they then went straight for a Charging Order on the property.

.. this is when they were told I was no longer the legal owner..

. so I'm going for getting this set-aside on the grounds of being unable to defend,

having no knowledge of the court date etc...

then going to see if they have all the correct docs (agreement etc) in the 1st place to even collect this debt.. :wink: