Mbna CCA,

Indebt1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3798 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Indebt1,

I have a cca from 1999 which I received from mbna which you can compare against.

Cannot get it loaded tonight though will have to be tomorrow.

As an aside, did you end up paying PPI. Notice on your application that there does not seem to be a tick in either of the boxes for PPI. I didn't tick either of them on mine and they started charging PPI which I am in the process of reclaiming.

Regards,

Bosun.

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Have not gone down the 'enforceable' route yet but believe it may be enforceable but saying that, as its only an application form and refers to terms & conditions in seperate documents which I didn't receive I may have a chance of fighting it.

You will know if you've been charged PPI if on your statements there is an entry entitled Payment Protection or as in my wives case, 'Other Interest'.

That last entry is going to put the cat amongst the proverbial.

Please note: I have no formal qualifications in this area and any advice offered is given in good faith. :)

http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/a...und/img001.jpg - it's so obviously a faked image. They haven't even attempted to make it seem as if these "photocopies" are geniune or that the prescribed terms really do belong to that document where they have placed them. Their arrogance is astounding.

Surely they must be breaking all sorts of laws with this. From other posts in the forums (can't cite the original as they are pasted into a large document I have), the following spring to mind.

Regulation 5 of the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 (the CPRs) where the faked image would constitute an unfair or improper business practice.

Fraud Act 2006 Subsection 1(b) - the representation is made with the intention of making a gain or causing a loss or risk of loss to another.

I'm sure there are many others.

How can a company get away with such flagrant dishonesty with impunity? I'm surprised no-one has called them on this yet as some of this type of behaviour must be criminal rather than civil. It really makes my blood boil.

Your MBNA application form isn't hugely differnt from mine - see http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/229916-mbna-virgin-dodgy-cca.html. Since yours is a year later, looks like yours is just a tidier version of mine.

I'm not convinced my original MBNA agreement is enforceable. Like yours the prescribed terms were photocopied onto the rear of the application form, but in my case it seems very unlikely they are actually directly related (wrong size, orientation, markers on different pages don't line up etc etc).

I have other factors at play with my card, but I've sent for a SAR just to get a better idea of what they really have. Maybe you could try the same if you haven't already done so.

• 6 months later...

Has anyone got any experience dealing with the the above company as far as settlements go?

they have sent a letter about how they are prepared they negotiate, is this a game or has anybody managed to settle?:)

if they are offering a settlement that means something is wrong

typically they will have no CCA. and have brought the debt blind

you owe them nothing.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guess what!

the directors of this company which btw is a non trading company since 08, also hold directorships in

MBNA EUROPE HOLDINGS LIMITED the biggest one being MBNA Europe bank with a turnover off

£2,610,504,000 thats on our misery, what a strange coincedence!!!
;)

• 4 months later...

have got a 40% settlement deal on the table from Aegis assuring me they or their client will no longer pursue the claim and will mark the credit file as patially settled.

i am sorley tempted but am curios about the following, has anybody managed to mark as settled or remove the default seeing as its an invalid default anyway?

has anybody renegotiated the percentage and managed to agree a figure?

how much do i go back with?

hi mate i dealt with mbna about 8 months ago now and got them to settle on 30% on a 5k debt....i was also told a partial settlement and have had no contact with them since i paid the agreement however i have recently checked my credit rating and this debt has been marked satisfied. That is only my story and at the time i was in touch with someone on here who had a 16k debt settled with 28%. so far so good

have got a 40% settlement deal on the table from Aegis assuring me they or their client will no longer pursue the claim and will mark the credit file as patially settled.

i am sorley tempted but am curios about the following, has anybody managed to mark as settled or remove the default seeing as its an invalid default anyway?

has anybody renegotiated the percentage and managed to agree a figure?

how much do i go back with?

If you want to counter offer what they have offered write back with a lower figure, head the letter WITHOUT PREJUDICE so it cant be used against you or wait it out until its sold to a DCA, then hit them with a CCA and sit back and offer a low F&F, if they cant comply or comply with agreement with no prescribed terms etc, but its what ever you feel is best.

If they sell it on to a DCA then they'll get between 6p and 15p in the £ for this debt and if no CCA there may be a good chance of a full and final with a DCA keen to get some profit for not a lot of work, its a risk tho that they might dig there heels in and demand more :?:

CAG NEEDS FUNDS PLEASE DONATE AS MUCH OR AS LITTLE WHERE POSSIBLE

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

• 3 years later...

Arrow global have now transferred the account to Rockwell who are starting to hound me.... how do i get them to back of? DO i CCA request from Rockwell or Arrow? or do i advise that the debt is unenforcable they know that already? try again for Settlement as MBNA rejected offer last time?

i havent made any payments since the default.

as always any help is most appreciated!