Wrong Info

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5507 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya,

I am hoping someone can help. I was twice provided incorrect information by 2 members of staff from 2 different Halifax staff. This in turn led me to incur £140 worth of charges.

Now i wrote to Halifax explaining the situation and i got a stupid generic letter stating the charges stand and i should have read the t&c. So i wrote a second letter clearly stating that i was provided incorrect information by Halifax and yet again i get a generic letter (This time from some one else in Halifax). I did write a 3 page letter to Peter Jackson (Head of Banking or something at Halifax, cannot remember the exact title). Still awaiting a response, even though this guy has had like 2 letters sent to me regarding other matters.

The first letter i received from Halifax did state they would investigate and since then there was never a mention of this investigation.

I did ask for contact details of the Chief Exec of Halifax so i could let him know how incompetant Halifax staff are. I have since then been provided incorrect information by Halifax staff, but luckily i have not been charged.

What should i do now? I am planning to respond to that second letter.

Kind Regards

Zak

Thanks for your advice.

I did contact FOS and they emailed me the following reply.

'At this time we do not have enough information to take any further action on your complaint. Our previous e-mail explained our process and the action you should take if you wish to make a complaint through our service.'

Nah it wasn't to do with a DD cancellation.