Lloyds TSB CCA Request?

E=MC2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

My current situation is one that involves debts with several credit card companies. Lloyds TSB is one of those companies, and I have tried to include as much information about my situation as possible.

Lloyds TSB (Credit Card)

The original agreement began around 2004 and in November that year I wrote to them and explained I could no longer afford to pay off the £6k debt, at which point the interest was frozen and payments continued by SO directly to Lloyds themselves. Our payments were then reduced to £1 pcm in 2008, after facing further financial difficulties, and have remained consistent since. Lloyds refused my offer of lower payments and passed the arrears to MHA Collections, only to then write to me recently explaining that the arrears have been removed and they would like to keep having the payments as before ( I have never stopped). Having recently learnt that some credit card debts could prove unenforceable, I'm now considering writing to request copies of the original CCA's, in the hope that they may prove to be exactly that.

Before I go any further, can anyone advise me if this request will harm the existing agreement? Do you have any templates that I could use, and do I need to send any money along with each letter? ( Ihave also requested templates for the other companies, but please provide a link anyway, as it all helps)

Thanks in advance :)

Here is a link to a CCA request letter. You need to send a £1.00 postal order with each request. The company has 12 working days + plus 2 for posting (14 working days) to comply with your request.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/581-cca-request-letter.html

Do not sign the letter, print your name.

Normally you would send the request to the Original Creditor, but you say that GE Money has assigned the Debenhams account to CL Finance so in this case, send it to CL Finance.

When / if you receive a copy of the agreement then post on your thread and someone will advise further.

Sometimes, these companies can get a bit awkward when you ask for a copy of the agreement. However, it is your legal right to receive a copy.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi E=MC2,

I too have a Lloyds TSB credit Card and wants to request my CCA.

Can you please tell where did you sent the CCA request letter?

You can send your request to here

Lloyds TSB

Charlton Place

Charlton Road

Andover

Hampshire

SP10 1RE

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Just to mention, after extensive reflection and with the helpful comments of the Site Team, I have decided to let sleeping dogs lie, regarding the pursuit of my CCA.

Eventually I got a reply from Lloyds re a CCA CC request. They sent a very poor photocopy of a faxed application form. They state in their reply that this is sufficient and that they will not enter into anymore discussions regarding CCAs. They include notes saying that a copy can be amended to reflect the original. I would post a copy of the application form but only the handwritten stuff is legible the print is far too dark and fuzzy.

Eventually I got a reply from Lloyds re a CCA CC request. They sent a very poor photocopy of a faxed application form. They state in their reply that this is sufficient and that they will not enter into anymore discussions regarding CCAs. They include notes saying that a copy can be amended to reflect the original. I would post a copy of the application form but only the handwritten stuff is legible the print is far too dark and fuzzy.

That doesn't sound very encouraging...:(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a Lloyds TSB credit card. I have requested my CCA sometime ago, but never got my CCA. Then I sent my Account in Dispute letter, they sent me a basic letter tsaying this was due to the huge demand and they will deal with it soon. Now it has been more than a month but still no CCA. I want to know the followings:

1. Is it a criminal offence not to send my CCA?

2. What should be my next step?

3. I have PPI on this card and insurance company been paying monthly payments due to my unemployment. Can I still legally put this account unenforceable?

4. Finally if I put unenforceable, what can I claim back?