Hardship claim advice please

Stressed150
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5395 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Some good news guys, recieved a letter in the post today to say that Natwest have agreed to refund me my charges... However, te letter they sent me is somewhat confusing...... If anyone understands and could clarify what they mean I would be grateful.....here's what they wrot.....

I refer to correspondence in realtion to your financial hardship. Your request has been agreed and confirmed subject to regular token repayments as appropriate. This arrangement can continue, if require, until the result of the OFT and UK Banks court case outcome is known.

Until the result of the charges test case is known we can confrm that no further charges or interes will be applied........

A refund of charges has been agreed, an offer letter be sent from our customer response unit confirming the amount.

....It's the sentence in red which makes no sense to me.....

Some good news guys, recieved a letter in the post today to say that Natwest have agreed to refund me my charges... However, te letter they sent me is somewhat confusing...... If anyone understands and could clarify what they mean I would be grateful.....here's what they wrot.....

I refer to correspondence in realtion to your financial hardship. Your request has been agreed and confirmed subject to regular token repayments as appropriate. This arrangement can continue, if require, until the result of the OFT and UK Banks court case outcome is known.

Until the result of the charges test case is known we can confrm that no further charges or interes will be applied........

A refund of charges has been agreed, an offer letter be sent from our customer response unit confirming the amount.

....It's the sentence in red which makes no sense to me.....

Depends on the offer specifically but token payments can be as little as £1 into the account. They have suspended charges and interest until the conclusion of the OFT test case.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Oh god..... do theyt mean they will repay ME in token payments????!!!! I wnt my money back asap!!!

LOL, absolutely not. The token payments made by you to them.

Have they confirmed what the amount on offer is?

You may not be aware but the bank does not have to refund 100% of the amount being claimed back under FH

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Does that mean that I cant even challenge the amount that they agree to pay me back?

You can ask them but they can still say NO but they should give their reasoning behind the amount. To date, I have only seen one Building Society actually do this (Nationwide) but all banks should give this

Will wait for them to agree an amount first and then if this needs disputing I will do so, however, based on the amount of hardship I am under I can't see why they would agree an amount less the what they owe me.... Thanks for your advice YourBank...x

Natwest have agreed to refund all charges applied to my account over the past 3 years (which is how long I have held the account for!!) some interest included in the offer although not a great deal, will be accepting the offer...... Needless to say I have a big smile on my face and I shall be having a celebratory drink this weekend..... donation to CAG to follow, and couldn't have done this wthout you guys....esp u yourbank..God bless you...xx..... Now onto Halifax...!

Natwest have agreed to refund all charges applied to my account over the past 3 years (which is how long I have held the account for!!) some interest included in the offer although not a great deal, will be accepting the offer...... Needless to say I have a big smile on my face and I shall be having a celebratory drink this weekend..... donation to CAG to follow, and couldn't have done this wthout you guys....esp u yourbank..God bless you...xx..... Now onto Halifax...!

A pleasure as always :D