Tracyandwardp vs Halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Well have been here for a few days now and been getting my head round all the information (Great site guys!) and now feel ready to take on the bigwigs at the Halifax.

I have had an account with them for the last 7 years - pity i can only claim 5 years back but hey ho! Went into my bank today to ask them about a direct debit that came out when it shouldn't have (as i had cancelled it!) - got the usual "we dinnae have a scoobie what's happened but when we do find out that it was our fault we will blame you anyway and charge you". Charming people they are - don't know how i will ever manage without them... Asked the guy to have a look at my charges for one month and they were £329 :eek: OMG! (terrible account managment on my part i know before anyone has a go!) Imagine what they owe me for 5 years worth!!!!

I've sent of my DPA letter with £10 postal order made out to Halifax PLC (Hope thats right!) so now the wait begins. Let's see what happens...

• Confused 1

Guest Mumofthreeboys

Hi tracyandwardp, you sound like you're ready to take them on.

One point though - you can claim for 6 years not 5 ;)

And no one would have a go at you for bad accounting management 'cos we've all been there too :D You must be thinking of another site ;)

Hi mumofthreeboys

I've got a boy and a girl and i'm only just surviving the holidays - how are you coping? :D

Just to clear up the matter i live in scotland so can only claim for 5 years unfortunately but thank you so much for replying to me. It's nice to know there is always someone here to help... unlike the bank LOL :)

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Hi mumofthreeboys

I've got a boy and a girl and i'm only just surviving the holidays - how are you coping? :D

Just to clear up the matter i live in scotland so can only claim for 5 years unfortunately but thank you so much for replying to me. It's nice to know there is always someone here to help... unlike the bank LOL :)

Hi, DS2 is away at cub camp at the moment the other two clash like mad though - can't wait 'till we go on holiday :D

Oohh sorry, I didn't realise you lived in Scotland and could only claim 5 years :oops:

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Halifax owe me £1045 in bank charges, had a letter from them today saying 'as a good will gesture' they will refund £450, what do you think....

Noooooooooooo, don't accept this as full and final settlement. Tell them you will accept it as an interim payment only while you proceed with your claim for the rest :)

Heard on my local radio news at ten tonight:

Halifax/Bank Of Scotland are giving their staff shares in the company (5% of their annual salary) after recording massive profits in the first half of this year...

That's our money and they are using it to give their staff shares in the company! :o Barstewards!!!!!! They won't be able to once all the disgruntled HBOS customers are done claiming back their illegal charges :)

Did anybody else hear about this?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all

Just a quick update.

Recieved my bank statements from HBOS today and i'm currently sifting through them to find out how much they owe me. Looks like it'll be about £600.00. I'm waiting to see how I get on then I am going to do the same for hubby's account. I'm a bit worried about that one though because it's going to need to be severed into 2 or 3 claims. Don't suppose that matters really does it? But it is worrying me for some strange reason.

Anyway that's all the info I have for you at present so it's on to the next stage. Here we go.....

Any advice/words of encouragment greatly appreciated!! I am worrying like mad that they will use me as a guinae pig and will take me to court and win! :sad: