LBA only sent today & my account seems to be closed already!

daisy lighter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have only sent my LBA letter off today.

I have just tried to lift money from the post office and the girl told me my ATM card had been declined.

Came back into work & tried to look at account on line - also off.

Last night I tried to put money into my account at 4.55 but after telling them that I was going to lift money at their ATM and would be 2 ticks they locked the door and watched me freak outside in the rain. This resulted in my mortgage payment bouncing.

Lender will lift DD again in 7 days but my account is in credit now & I cant take any money out.

I am on the phone to Nationwide as I type but apparantly there is nothing wrong with either my card or my online account.(even tho online tells me to contact customer services)

I do have a parachute account but didnt think I would need it just yet.

Is this normal from Nationwide or am I just being mega paranoid?

Well the did it with me at that stage..... sorry :-|

They cut off my internet banking and stopped my statements, not allowing me any access to my account.

Please let us know what customer services say.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

They don't technically close it - they just put a block on it. And I was never given any notice.

Please note that I am not a legal expert and all advice given is without prejudice and is purely my opinion only.

** Nationwide - £1821.15-PAID IN FULL - Aug 06 **

** Halifax Mortgage -£390 - PAID IN FULL - Nov 06 **

Lloyds TSB - MCOL issued 09/03/07 - £2953 + costs - ON HOLD....

I can understand if they block an account which is over the agreed overdraft limit and the account is being abused but if you are in credit I would have thought that they were not allowed to do this.

They did close my account but only after gaining refund via court action not before.

Thanks for replys

I spoke to CS @ Nationwide yesterday and was told that there was no block or stop put on my account. I got quite cross as my online account stated call Customer Services and CS were telling me that there was nothing wrong with it.

I refused to get off the phone untill I spoke to a higher authority.

Eventually a guy came to the phone and I asked him stright out if they were trying to inconvience me because I was claiming charges back.

I told him that I had read several accounts of the actions of Nationwide against people who were claimimg. He told me that all accounts would be closed when Court action was taken but that they werent allowed to to anything to accounts before closure letters were sent out. I told him that I didnt believe him and he went on to say that he had read "the" website (no name of site mentioned by him) and he was aware that Nationwide had a reputation for doing this!

I told him to correct whatever they had done immediatly or I would take this matter all the way to court and claim for damages as well as charges.

Again he stated that they had put no stop on account.

He put me on hold to take advice from a manager and when he came back asked me to sign back onto my account.

It is now working and so is my ATM however I will change all DD's this weekend coz it will probably go off again LBA will be recieved again.

I have printed off the status off my account yesterday and kept the declined statement from post office (just in case)

Cat