Morgan Stanley Help Please

leebrannan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anybody tried to ring Morgan Stanley to see if they want to settle over the phone. I know this works with MBNA and they even work out the compound interest for you.

A&L Data Protection Act sent 8/6/2006 - Statements received 27/7 - Prelim request for payment sent 28/7 - LBA sent 8/8 - MCOL 21/8 - Settled in full £3317.66 20/9:lol:

MBNA Data Protection Act sent 8/8 - 14/9 Offer of £2,247.35 accepted. (£1,160 charges plus compound interest). Second account = offer of £1,182.30 (£436 charges plus compound interest) :lol:

Morgan Stanley Data Protection Act sent 8/8:) Total of £875 charges.

Hi, I was just scanning the threads and noticed your one is about the same as mine. I've got a MS card claim going back to 2001 and the have just written offering as a goodwill gesture the fees but not the interest ( or a fraction of the interest) worked out on some minimalist fraction of a %.

So, they having accepted the late fees etc to be refunded, I have put in a telephone call to get this interest bit explained and to ask why they are not prepared to pay interest for the time they've had the money. I am waiting for a reply as I am typing as I am going to try to negotiate the interest against court claim. I'm tempted to try to end up with 50% of the interest but on the other hand I feel like I'm letter you guys down on the site if I gon't go for the full thing 8-) I'll see what happens and let you know.

They have also said that they do not agree with my legal analylis - do you know if anyone has won against them and had interest paid - I need to know quite quickly if I can before they phone - sorry off searching :D

Okay you guys. I have spoken to MS and they are insisting on the confidentiality agreement. I haven't signed it yet so If I go quiet you know I won and I'm after contractual rate! :D They will be phoning me tomorrow after speaking with legal. For the reference, the person I spoke to was very pleasant, very amicable to the arguments I put forward and sounds like there's a deal to be had.

To answer your question leebrannen the talking on the phone is not such a bad experience thus far and you might save yourself alot of paperwork trying.

cheers andrew, that sounds encouraging. I was thinking about talking to an accountant about this compound interest thing. I was thinking that maybe they could work out the compound interest for me so that i could add that to my £875 claim. ( just had news of my 2nd claim against MBNA - £436 charges, they offered a total of £1,226 once they had worked out the compound interest.) Its obviously worth going that extra mile to make sure we get it.

Do you have a number to call for MS? Did you say that they would work out the compound interest for you (as with MBNA)? This would be a huge help, as i'm really not sure where to start with it. Don't really just want to let it go to court and claim 8%!!

A&L Data Protection Act sent 8/6/2006 - Statements received 27/7 - Prelim request for payment sent 28/7 - LBA sent 8/8 - MCOL 21/8 - Settled in full £3317.66 20/9:lol:

MBNA Data Protection Act sent 8/8 - 14/9 Offer of £2,247.35 accepted. (£1,160 charges plus compound interest). Second account = offer of £1,182.30 (£436 charges plus compound interest) :lol:

Morgan Stanley Data Protection Act sent 8/8:) Total of £875 charges.

0800 028 8990 - that's the Glasgow Customer Liaison Team you just need your card number or reference ( I just pressed the # button twice rather than go through that ) and got through to a human!

Listen, you can talk about compound interest all you like but Vampiress will have palputations if she thought I was going to try to get my head around that one :D

I had enough trouble working out the ordinary interest! I probably could have asked for it in fact I might when they phone ask if the could work it out for me and pay it ! that'd be a laugh! Good luck anyway.

• 3 months later...

Hi Lee

Im just starting our with MS and just wondered how your claim is going with them. Did they work out the interest for you after?

Morgan Stanley

**Won 31.01.07 with CCI**

Capital One

**Won 19.04.07 with CCI**

Halifax current & Joint

Verbal S.A.R 11.01.07, stats recd 18.01.07

Halifax Visa prelim sent 26.01.07. Reply 31.01.07 Filed N1 on 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs

GE Capital

Frazercard Prelim sent with CCI 27.01.07

Burtons Prelim sent with CCI 22.01.07

RBOS Visa S.A.R sent 12.01.07

Partners JJB card (Creation) *Won* with part interest - 15.02.07

Partners LLOYDS Account S.A.R 13.12.06 - stats recd 30.01.07. Prelim sent with CCI 01.02.07

Partners BOS Mastercard Offered all charges except £12. Refused. N1 filed 20.03.07 - Judgement granted, sent in the bailiffs