Westcot credit/o2 an Me

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5531 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sent westcot a cca request with 1 pound P/O for a debt with o2 for an old mobile

i Recieved a letter back from westcot with the 1 pound P/O inside stating that the account falls under cca(exempt agreements)order 1989,article 3(1)(a) and is therefore enforceable

i have read this and didnt understand a word of it so is there anyone who knows what this means?

its gone the 12 days also

how do i proceed

Wescot are correct as a telecommunications debt does not fall under cca. You need to send them a SAR (Subject Access Request) which costs £10.

Once you have done this Wescot will then have to legally comply, not sure how long they have know, one of the regulars might be able to advise on this.

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously

Thanks people

Looks like ill have to pay them sooner rather then later

Seen a few stories on here regarding these people

any suggestions on how to deal with them?

if i make them an offer in writing do they have to accept it?

if i offer a full and final payment how much in percent of the original debt do you recommend?

Never speak to them on the phone as they try to bully you into paying, just request that all further communication be made in writing.

Make sure you can afford payments before you offer and then by all means put it in writing for them and send via recorded delivery.

Before you offer a payment do send off a SAR which will give you info on the debt like payments, balances and charges etc

If you eventually decide you would like to settle the debt, contact them and ask them if they are willing to give you a discount.

:!: Activ Kapital 2009 - £316 debt cancelled due to no credit agreement

:!: TNC Legal Collections (Swinton) - £61 written off due to complaint being upheld with the FOS

:D Be Happy and treat people exactly how you would like to be treated

:mad: Don't let people take advantage of you and stand up for your rights and beliefs

:p You only live once so don't take things so seriously