• Tweets

• Reprimand issued to Birmingham Children’s Trust Community Interest company in respect of Article 5(1)(f) and 32(1)(b) and 2. A child protection plan containing inappropriate personal data, in the form of criminal allegations against a child, was sent to the family the plan was produced for. Although the care plan itself was authorised for the family to view, the criminal allegations were not relevant to the plan, or authorised for the family’s view. The investigation highlighted that appropriate technical and organisational measures were not in place at the time of the breach.View the full article
    • Does anyone know what legal term I need to use to say they have to send a deferral form?
    • Just had another look through but I can't locate anything like that. They did, in a previous letter, reference my call in June 2021 but I cannot see this referenced in what they have sent. Worth requesting this specifically do you think? 
    • I see the poops (how appropriate) after 14 years of massively deteriorated monitoring and quality, are designating sewage polluted rivers as 'bathing water sites', presumably hoping that the high magic of designating them 'bathing water sites' and trusting the water companies who have pored poo in thewater for profit - will at least monitor it better if not stop polluting after the magic ritual. Undoubtedly this feeble effort has nothing to do with a GE pending after 14 years of abuse eh?   Four wild swimming spots along the River Dart in Devon that suffer from high levels of sewage pollution have been designated by the Government as “bathing water sites“.   River Dart given 'bathing' status after swimmers desert it over sewage concerns INEWS.CO.UK Bathing water sites welcome their new designation - but warn much work is needed to ensure pollution levels are reduced   A poop Overlord was alleged to have been heard mutter - well if we win the election, we dont care what any monitors say and we'll just bury the results, and if labour win its their problem.
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

It just gets worse-Debt problems are causing great stress.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5477 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just popped in to say 'hi' NJW - i hope you're ok? :)

I'm midway through the tunnel, but getting closer to the light.

Please be aware that i am not an expert in anything!

I may offer an opinion, but the final decision is yours.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for all your advice and support, sorry I havent had time to reply but did a split shift in work today, so no time to do any thing really, Im workin in the morning so hopefully will have more time to look through threads tomorrow, thank you all for your time, much appreciated .

NWJ xx

You just get a good nights sleep, someone will be here when you need us :)

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hi, everyone, thanks for finding out that info BB on the tax credits, I will phone on Monday now with as much detail I can give them and see if we re entitled to anymore money, I have an appeal as regards my husbands illness and will let you know how I get on there. I ve received a letter this morning regarding the car repossession on our car which was repossessed in Jan, I think it would be better if I start separate thread, which I will do now, if anyone can help I would be grateful. Well it was pay day yesterday and it was alot worse than I thought, I didnt receive my petrol expenses of around £100 as they said I submitted it too late, I will have to wait for next month now:evil: I am really having to consider changing my job (which I love) to a job with full time hours, my take home pay this month barely covers my mortgage, so I really dont know what to do either that or I will have to take on a second job.....once again thanks for your support and kindness. x

Edited by nowayjose
forgot a bit...

Hiya Cymru, up late again I see, Im ok, no nasty letters this morning, for a change, in fact I had a letter from my employer, (local authority), it seems that I might be eligible for an increase in my hourly pay, my grade and pay scale is due to be restructured in line with the equal pay to male employees within the council, about bloody time too. So it should be good news.

I spent most of yesterday trying to scan documents onto my other thread on Car Repossession, that took me all night, I will phone T Credits shortly and see how I get on with them. Thanks for keeping in touch, best wishes.

NWJxx

Hiya NWJ,

I just popped in to see how you got on with the Tax Credit people ??

Im ok, no nasty letters this morning, for a change, in fact I had a letter from my employer, (local authority), it seems that I might be eligible for an increase in my hourly pay, my grade and pay scale is due to be restructured in line with the equal pay to male employees within the council, about bloody time too. So it should be good news.

Fingers crossed there then, seeing how they brought it up, you must be due and a bit of back pay as well maybe :)

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

&

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Hiya Lex,

TBH I havent phoned them, I told my OH that I was going to phone them and he said what if we get less than we re having now, he has no trust in Tax Credits, so I dont know what to do....

As far as back pay goes the council has already settled their equal pay claim and I received that last year, it sorted christmas out with no extra borrowing, so I dont think we will get any more, in the middle of the hardship spreadsheet though...

NWJxx

Hi NWJ,

Re. Tax Credits, somehow I don't think you would come away with less!!

Hopeful1 gave you a good link here, give it a go.

This site is useful for trying to ascertain which benefits you are entitled to: Start Calculation but because your situation is slightly complex, it would probably be a good idea to ring the national debt-line: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/england_wales/" FREE CONFIDENTIAL and INDEPENDENT ADVICE.

Have fun with the I/E spreadsheet, give me a shout on that thread if you get stuck.

Lex

&

Hi nwj,

How are you feeling now? Any progress? I would follow the advice given, ohs can be obtuse, especially when they aren't actually dealing with everything:eek:

The area where I think you may live in is great, will you be going to the beach over the holidays, as I have man happy memories of there.

Good luck on your other thread, that company sounds particularly horrible.

• Haha 1

Hi Cymru, Im Ok at the moment, Im eager to see if Corner Park get back to me with all the right information, I cant wait... it really feels like Im fighting back... No I havent got any outings planned, Im working as many hours as I can at the moment, begging my duty desk for more hours while my hubbys not receiving any money....its my weekend off but Im on a retainer this weekend, they pay you for being on call so I have to sit by the phone basically... I am looking forward to the weekend though because my son who is in the Navy will be home for Easter and my other son who has just started his training in the Army will be home for the weekend, I havent seen him for 8 weeks so I can t wait, it ll be a great weekend I hope... I think your remembering either Porthcawl or Barry Island, unfortunately they are both very run down, especially Barry, the fairground isnt what it used to be, theyve still got the same Log flume from when I was little and Im 40, about time they spent some money on it now.. How about you, have you got any plans... its a lovely day today, but not sure what the weathers like for Easter though???

Take care

NWJxx

Porthcawl used to be my mum fittng about 8 kids in the car for a day trip.....Barry Island used to be occasional days out to Butlins or just playing on the beach.......Penarth used to be a lovely ice cream parlour......and to really show my age I can remember getting the steamer boat to take us over to Weston :eek:

I'll be spending the holdays visiting family on the coast and hopefully surfing (well body boarding but surfing sounds more exciting and younger!)

It will be lovely having all your family back home; I have 4 sons but so far have failed, despite my best efforts, to lose any of them!

I'm glad you are sounding a bit more positive, when you feel as though you are fighting back and doing something with guidance and support from some great people you start to get some control back into your life.

C

I can remember getting the steamer boat to take us over to Weston :shock:

Ooo, was that the 'Westward Ho' if so it's now a night club in Manchester !

Well done NWJ, I hope you have a great weekend, I have a son in the RAF, it's always good to see him home for a few days.

Lex

&

Yes, I used to love Porthcawl when I was younger, (used to call it 'hiya butt bay' because you would always see soo many people you knew lol) and we used to stay in Happy Valley in a tent... or if we were really posh we had a caravan in Trecco... I used to think it was soo far away, its only around 20 miles!! I prefer the Gower now though, not much there but beautiful beaches, all you need on a nice day.... BTW if your interested there is still a paddle steamer from Penarth to Weston, called the Waverley went on it a couple of years ago.. hope you have a good time on your trip, and the weathers good for you;)

NWJxxx

Just a quick question that may or may not help you but worth asking non the less.

Do you pay payment protection insurance on any of these debt's if you do have you looked into reclaiming the cost of these back.

this could go some way in helping you to get straight again.

As for being stressed out I know where you are coming from as i was very stressed which lead to me having a heart attack last week and a one week stay in hospital to have a stent fitted, but im still here to carry on my fight as it has made me a stronger peron to carry this though to the end.

I wish you and your family well

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thanks PF, the only one with PPI I think is Citifinancial, we wouldnt be covered though because my husband is off with an existing illness, but the insurance was very expensive and we were desperate at the time and would have signed anything... the salesman was very pushy... I hope you are recovering after you heart attack, you should take it easy now and dont let your problems get you stressed out, take it as a warning... Im a fine one to talk, my blood pressure is sky high, even with medication, (family history, my dad died in his late 50s through a brain haemmorage)and I have recently been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes... Im sure the DCAs are adding to my health problems and likewise with yours,

Just look after yourself

Best wishes

NWJxxxx

Nowayjose,

May i suggest you pop over to the PPI forum and read the sticys at the top its a very good read and will no doubt give you reasons to claim the cost of the citifinancial PPI policy back with interest.

Putting a thread in the PPI forum will get you bundles of help with this also remember the FOS are hot on this as there are many policies that where mis-sold just like the endowment fiasco.

This will give you no doubt a lump sum to help clear your debts.

Regards

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

Thanks for that PF, It looks like Ive got a lot of reading to do, looks interesting, thanks for letting me know about that, I will have to dig out the paperwork on the loan and see what it says

XX

:)hello nwj I have just got a cheque for the whole of the amount of PPi I paid to A @ L + interest. If you read the PPI forum some people are getting their LOAN returned as well.

Hey PF sorry to hear about your heart attack, bet your dog was chuffed to get you back home

Thank You Hilary

Yes funny how you miss the dog so much when you are away for a week hehe she was truely excited when i walked though the door bless her.

Regards

PF

I just thought this would amuse you.

Dogs V People.

Dogs do not have problems expressing affection in public.

Dogs miss you when you're gone.

You never wonder whether your dog is good enough for you.

Dogs understand what "no" means.

Dogs feel guilt when they've done something wrong.

Dogs don't brag about who they've slept with.

Dogs don't criticize your friends.

Dogs admit when they're jealous.

Dogs do not play games with you—except fetch. And dogs never laugh at how you throw.

Dogs are happy with any video you choose to rent, because they know the most important thing is that you're together.

Dogs don't feel threatened by your intelligence.

You can train a dog.

Dogs are already in touch with their inner puppies.

You are never suspicious of your dog's dreams.

Gorgeous dogs don't know they're gorgeous.

The worst social disease you can get from dogs is fleas.

Dogs don't make a practice of killing members of their own species.

Dogs understand if some of their friends can't come inside.

Dogs think you are a culinary genius.

You can force a dog to take a bath.

Dogs don't correct your stories.

Middle-aged dogs don't feel the need to abandon you for a younger owner.

Dogs don't mind if you do all the driving.

Dogs don't step on the imaginary brake.

Dogs do not care whether you shave your legs.

Dogs aren't threatened if you earn more than they do.

Dogs mean it when they kiss you.

Dogs are nice to your relatives.

Sorry to high jack, but I thought it might bring a smile :D

Lex

&

Gee Thanks Mr Lex that certainly put a big smile on my face and how true is all that.

This world would be a happier place if everyone had a dog one of the best stress busters too.

Regards

PF