Loula v LTSB (Sole Acct)

Loula
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi! Sent my first letter, asking for charge details going back 6 years, although I do have statements for the last 4.

I addressed it to my own branch.

Was this correct?

It was sent 1st class on 8 March and I have still to receive a reply. Should I chase or just wait for the 40 days as my letter states?

Thanks

Loula

Welcome to the forum.

There is no problem with sending it to the branch but it is better to use recorded delivery. There is also nothing to stop you reminding them of the deadline.

In your case it would be a good idea to send a reminder to the branch by recorded delivery and refer to the previous letter.

Many thanks.

I will send a copy of the original and covering letter by RD on Monday.

Do you also know how far back I can go with online statements?

Are they "admissible" if I get as far as suing the barstewards?

Loula.

This is unlike Lloyds. Predatory maybe but usually efficient. Send another letter, refering to your first by Special Delivery. Tell them that the clock is ticking from the date of your first letter.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Did you enclose the £10?

If you have made a data protection act request for the other two years there is a charge of £10

First Direct, £4031 Recovered

Halifax, £953 Recovered

MBNA Credit Card, £120 Recovered

American Express, £160 Recovered

Coming Soon......

Blackpool Council, £190 in unlawful parking tickets

Carstoppers. £50 from the cowboy clampers

Thank you.

So to recap ( pregnant so no brain cells )....

I need to send reminder letter by Recorded or Special delivery also containing £10 to cover the DPA charge.

Can someone add this to the FAQ's please, I couldn't see it anywhere.

Just a quick update.

I have today sent a reminder Recorded Delivery along with the £10 DPA charge but kept to the 40days I originally set them. I would have sent it Special Delivery but didn't have enough pennies thanks to the LTSB charges!

They could quite easily have sent me the information requested and asked to debit the charge from my account - the one charge I would not have tried to reclaim!

I will keep you posted on any response.

LOULA

Sent the RD leters on 21 March.

According to the Royal Mail website, it has been delivered!

The £10 cheque attached has not been banked yet though.

I'll keep you posted!

LOULA

Start emailing them. Send them a scan of the DPA letter and a note of the cheque number by email.

Address th eemail to paul greenway.

use the contactus@ email which is at the top of this forum

yes.

Send him an email everyday until he gets sick of it.

Increment the number of the reminder on the subject line.

Cool.

Will await tomorrows post, then if still nothing....consider it done.

May also try to find out own branch managers name and bug him/her too!

I shall be quoting their own website..

We take pride in looking after our customers and providing an exceptional customer service

LOULA

I shall be quoting their own website..

We take pride in looking after our customers and providing an exceptional customer service

LOULA

I'm glad you've not lost your sense of humour.

The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread.

Must be ESP, but I waited until yesterday (Saturday) as advised in my previous post and lo and behold this arrived...

Dear Ms Loula

Your request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998

Thank you for contacting LTSB to request transaction listings and details of events requiring manual intervention.

We will be pleased to provide this information on your account. If you require information on any other products or services ...please let us know.

As permitted by the Data Protection Act, the fee for providing personal information is £10. I would be grateful if you could please sign and return the enclosed copy of this letter in the prepaid envelope I've provided as your authority to debit your account with the fee or alternatively send us the appropriate amount by cheque. We require a cheque made payable to Lloyds TSB Bank plc - please don't send cash.

Under the Act we are allowed up to forty days to fulfil your request starting from the receipt of the fee.

I look forward to hearing from you soon

YS

Chris Brown

Copy Statement Unit

Now I have in mind a young man of perhaps 16/17 years of age wearing a suit and shirt at least one size too big, because his Mum secretly hopes he will grow into it. Dad's told him 'Banking is a good solid career with plently of prospects me lad'. All his mates are off to uni!

Now he has obviously used some of his own words/terminology, bless him. I however do not like abbreviations (I've, don't etc) in official letters. (That is just the Director in me.)

BUT THIS DOESN'T DETRACT FROM THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE HAD THE FEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scathing email, fax and letter on the way.

Once composed I will post it for all you CAG's to view!

LOULA

No chance to phone today, but have composed the following...

Lloyds TSB Bank plc

Copy Statement Unit

Account Services

Group Operations

Swallow House

PO Box 139

10 Swallow House

Birmingham

B1 2AL

27 March 2006

FOR THE PERSONAL ATTENTION OF CHRIS BROWN

Dear Chris,

It was with bemusement that I read your undated letter, post marked 23 March, received by me on Saturday 25 March (copy hereby attached).

The branch with which I hold a Lloyds TSB account has received the required £10 fee by way of a recorded delivery letter, signed for on 22 March. I would therefore suggest you speak directly with them.

No doubt the forty day timer has therefore already started to tick and as of today’s date you have 34 days remaining.

Yours faithfully

LOULA

Enc.

Sent by Royal Mail & Fax

As you can see I am sending it by fax and snail mail.

The cheque is still not banked, but hey, that is their problem not mine!!!!

No doubt 6 years worth of statements will arrive tomorrow....

Ho Hum... 34 days to go.

LOULA

Just noticed... he is obviously a very busy man as he has not signed the letter!

It is now two calender weeks since they received my cheque and reminder letter by recorded delivery.

Am again going to fax to them today, also email and phone.

Once I have composed (myself and) the text I will let you know.

LOULA

Dear Chris,

I am quite astounded that I have not received a reply to my faxed letter (also send first class) of 27 March 2006.

I have attached a copy hereto.

As you have had the money in LTSB's possession since 22 March 2006, you have now only 25 days in which to reply.

Your urgent attention to this matter is required.

Yours faithfully

Didn't get a chance to fax or phone.

Have not received a reply so tomorrow I shall call them.

LOULA

Well, after receiving no reply to my fax and email (which didn't bounce), I decided to call them!

Funnily enough the number that the top of the letter from Chirs Brown is not where SHE works. (My apologies to Chris for assuming she was male)

Once I had secured her direct number... 0121 633 5452 .. I call her and was told, that my package had been sent out first class yesterday and would be with me by tomorrow latest. She was very dismissive almost to the point of rudeness, so I retract me apology!

Not two minutes later the postman arrived with said package!

Have totalled up the charges....

After a full two minutes of eye rubbing and shock I re-added everything

... fell off chair, got back on and.... £3260! and that's with almost three full years of paying nothing in charges!

These people are beyond belief and words!

Only manaual intervention was

1. refund charges of £75 in 1999

2. correct input of wrongly credited travellers cheques 2001

3. DPA request acknowledgement 2006

4. DPA chaser and cheque acknowledgement. 2006

Everything else on the other 10 pages was standard letters.

As you can now imagine the GIVE ME MY MONEY OR ELSE letter will be sent RD tomorrow!

LOULA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks