long term contractor, any "employee" rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5546 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

wondering if anyone can give me advice on any rights I may have.

I do work for a company (client) who pay the recruiting agency & the agency pay's an Umbrella who sort out my tax & NI, etc. & give me whats left.

I have been doing the same contract for the last 4 years or so.

I have contracted hours, but I am also forced to work within the clients policies & guidelines.

Over the last 12 months I seem to have been doing a lot more work than others in my area. I have asked for more money but the agency said the client said no. I have also had my overtime rates cut from 1.5x & 2x down to single rate... which is annoying.

Over the last year, the client have introduced a new tier (tier 2) of perm employees, I was never offered a perm. position for one of these roles - It is classed a lower grade of work, but for the pay, I would have jumped at the chance of perm employment - its less than £75 a month difference by the time I pay the umbrella their fee & pay both employers & employees NI as well as Tax - Which I would gladly trade in for more shorter days & paid holidays. Infact, If I took off my holiday entitlement, as I dont get paid, I would be worse off!

Up until that point I had been doing all Tier 1 & Tier 2 work - I was classed as a Hybrid, now I just do Tier 3 & a little Tier 2 (the new Tier was shoe horned between Tier 1 & 2, making the old Tier 2 to Tier 3!) which means longer days (because of travel distances), late finishes, etc. as some work can only be done outside office hours - which as you can imagine has grinded me down without having the extra few quid the overtime used to pay.

I work for the client 37.5 hours a week

I am not allowed to take on any "outside" work during these hours

I am to announce myself I am xxxxxx from xxxxxxxxx

Capital One Credit Card

DPA Request Sent 17/05/06

Confirmation Letter about Request Received 26/05/06

All Data Arrived 10/06/06

Letter Sent for Refund 14th June

Partial Offer Received 6th July

contracting rights seem to be a large grey area by the looks of it!

Capital One Credit Card

DPA Request Sent 17/05/06

Confirmation Letter about Request Received 26/05/06

All Data Arrived 10/06/06

Letter Sent for Refund 14th June

Partial Offer Received 6th July