advice on case First National Bank - v - Office of Fair Trading 2001 (2002)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have got the claim number in the correspondence they sent, I also have the court in which it was made, Im just baffled about not being made aware of this and of it not showing up on my credit history checks.

OK, if you have the claim number & court, I'd give them a call in the morning and see if they have any record of it.

If they do have record of a judgement, I would ask them to forward you a copy of the PoC & judgement order.

If you post back when you have done that I am sure that we can get you some more help!

As it Link I think you must be proactive and check this CCJ out asap, and if valid get a set aside done also asap. Do you own your own property? If you do Link are very agressive and will go for charging order, I wouldn't be surprised if they haven't or will be doing so shortly (if you have a property).

Edited by The_Grumlin
spelling

If there is no record of the CCJ on your credit file I suspect that it is more than six years old. That means that all record of it will have fallen through the cracks in the floorboards where ever you look.

It might therefore be difficult to even prove the CCJ exists.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

If there is no record of the CCJ on your credit file I suspect that it is more than six years old. That means that all record of it will have fallen through the cracks in the floorboards where ever you look.

It might therefore be difficult to even prove the CCJ exists.

Also Link would have to reapply to the court for permission to re-commence enforcement.

thank you for your continuing advice, I will check the CCJ details and post back. If the address used in the CCJ was an address I had moved from would this explain why I had no knowledge of it?

It could do as you would not have received any of the documents.