They wont leave me alone!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I was thinking after posting on here some months ago regarding a PPC ticket (Car Parking Partnerships) that I should post again this weekend to say that they have finally left me alone so all my ignoring really did work!!

Until today.

Got home from work and there is yet another letter waiting for me. The 'offence' was ticketed on 25/11/08 and I (foolishly) appealed. Twice. Wont take Einstein to figure what the result was. I have never denied being the registered keeper but I contested the driver issue. Also the photos they took of the vehicle 'obstructing' was a complete joke as any sane person can see the vehicle wasnt obstructing anything. I mentioned this as being more like evidence to prove the vehicle was in the clear. But thats besides the point.

I had heard nothing and even moved house. I received a letter which means they have got my details from the DVLA as any previous correspondence was from a previous address. This time I have the delight of threats of a debt collection agency.

How in the name of God do I make them stop. Its becoming a nightmare - they are relentless.

All I would be saying to a debt collection agency is that I am in dispute with the PPC so I suggest they go back to them. The PPC ignored requests for proof of who was the driver.

Is that the right thing to say to the debt collection agency as I have no intention of paying these 'people' but its taking every ounce of self will not to write a blasting letter as I'm absolutely furious at being repeatedly asked for this money when they do not know who was driving. Which I have pointed out to them. Twice.

Thanks muchly

Dont worry. You are nearly at the end of the line. They are getting really deperate now. Have you had the 'final,final,final' chance to pay letter yet?

Avoid any correspondence. If you write to them they will send the same rubbish over and over again. It will end though-and soon from what details you have posted :D

Hi all,

I was thinking after posting on here some months ago regarding a PPC ticket (Car Parking Partnerships) that I should post again this weekend to say that they have finally left me alone so all my ignoring really did work!!

Until today.

Got home from work and there is yet another letter waiting for me. The 'offence' was ticketed on 25/11/08 and I (foolishly) appealed. Twice. Wont take Einstein to figure what the result was. I have never denied being the registered keeper but I contested the driver issue. Also the photos they took of the vehicle 'obstructing' was a complete joke as any sane person can see the vehicle wasnt obstructing anything. I mentioned this as being more like evidence to prove the vehicle was in the clear. But thats besides the point.

I had heard nothing and even moved house. I received a letter which means they have got my details from the DVLA as any previous correspondence was from a previous address. This time I have the delight of threats of a debt collection agency.

How in the name of God do I make them stop. Its becoming a nightmare - they are relentless.

All I would be saying to a debt collection agency is that I am in dispute with the PPC so I suggest they go back to them. The PPC ignored requests for proof of who was the driver.

Is that the right thing to say to the debt collection agency as I have no intention of paying these 'people' but its taking every ounce of self will not to write a blasting letter as I'm absolutely furious at being repeatedly asked for this money when they do not know who was driving. Which I have pointed out to them. Twice.

Thanks muchly

As the guys say, you are almost there now - the only reason it has dragged out for so long is because you appealed - dont worry it's almost over.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

I know what you guys are saying is right. I've calmed down thanks to a trip to the pub. DDWales - yes, this is the final, final.... after this its debt collection. The joke is, that they state on the letter that any court action will go against my credit and affect my ability to borrow money. Are they having a laugh..? Half the country is bankrupt, in this current economic climate, I'd like to see ANYONE try to borrow money. Surely thats the weakest threat out there at the moment.

I know what you guys are saying is right. I've calmed down thanks to a trip to the pub. DDWales - yes, this is the final, final.... after this its debt collection. The joke is, that they state on the letter that any court action will go against my credit and affect my ability to borrow money. Are they having a laugh..? Half the country is bankrupt, in this current economic climate, I'd like to see ANYONE try to borrow money. Surely thats the weakest threat out there at the moment.

Hello Northern Lass,

What you should know is that the reality of the situation is you will only have this reported on your credit reference in the instance that the PPC take you to court (0.01% chance), they win (0.001%) chance and you do not settle the judgement within the terms set by the judge - usually a month. In short, they are talking a load of nonsense to scare you in to coughing up.

TFT

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

TFT - And thats without a judge seeing the 'evidence' which shows the nearest obstruction - another car - 4m away. I think what shook me up was the fact they have gone to the DVLA to get my new address. I didnt think that was legal. But anyway like you say, chances are thinner than a coat of paint.

Sounds like you're on the hooked fish list since you appealed.

You could have 1, 3 or 5 more letters.

They *will* go away though. And ignoring letters isn't a huge hardship.

TFT - And thats without a judge seeing the 'evidence' which shows the nearest obstruction - another car - 4m away. I think what shook me up was the fact they have gone to the DVLA to get my new address. I didnt think that was legal. But anyway like you say, chances are thinner than a coat of paint.

Don't worry about the DVLA - they hand out our personal info to any old tom, dick or harry - they make £4million a year from it did you know? Basically, a PPC can pay a figure in the region of £2-£3 to get our address so that they can send us their joke invoices. Apart from that, the DVLA have absolutely no interest in private land issues - you wont get any hassle from them rest assured. At the moment, the DVLA can legally had out our details if there is a reasonable cause to do so. You will start to find the threats of the PPC quite amusing - especially when they role out the old were sending someone round to see you - put it this way I wouldn't bother buying any cake as it will be as hard as a brick by the time they eventually arrive lol.

The principle is that if they thought that they had a valid claim they would just take you straight to court; because they never do have a valid claim they have to resort to threat mail instead.

TFT