Provident have ruined my credit report

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I will try to keep this short and brief. I took a £100 loan out with provident last year 2008 and paid it on time every week. Back in September 08 my agent stopping coming around for payment. I received a letter from provident head office on November 08 telling me i had falling behind with payments. I rang them immediately and explained that no one had come round to collect payment since September. They said not to worry and that they would sort it out. January 2009 i received another letter saying they would pass my default details over to credit reference agencies if i did not bring the account up to date. Again, i was back on the phone explaining what had happened, they gave me the option to bring the account back up to date(£42 arrears) over the phone with my debit card, i refused. I told them that this was their fault and that i was more than happy to to repay the amount borrowed provided that they sent someone out every week to collect payment.

Well, I have registered for the month free trial with Experian only to find provident have tarnished my report with a score of 5 (5mths missed payment=£60 arrears),completely destroyed my credit report and score.

I contacted Experian and they basically told me that there was nothing they could do, and that i would be better off going to the citizens advice. Citizens advice have told me that provident are well within their rights.

I realize that i have probably shot myself in the foot here by refusing to pay the £42, however i believed i was in the right and i was not going to give in to their bullying tactics.

My concern is, will these 5 points be removed from my credit report if i pay the rest of the loan off in full immediately.

Any help and advice would be most appreciated.

Edited by Bailey03
spelling

My concern is, will these 5 points be removed from my credit report if i pay the rest of the loan off in full immediately.

Any help and advice would be most appreciated.

hi bailey, i believe that even if you pay the full amount the payment markers will remain. Monthly payment markers are normally not removed even if you pay the full amount.

However I would write to them and clearly state that the contract you had with them was broke by them not collecting and if they do not remove it you will make a complaint to the Information comissioners office. You might have to fight to get them to remove the markers.

Hi Bailey,

i am in dispute with provident also and have been sending letters of complaints since January this year, my agent took it upon herself to mark off payments each week to suit herself , the head office are not at all helplful my complaint has now gone off to the Information comissioners office, this is the only things affecting my credit file