style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are behind with our council tax amongst numerous other things (lack of work) and are being assisted by a debt advisor at CAB in the meantime the council tax bill was passed to Rossendales who promptly left a bailiffs note in my letterbox when I was out. I assumed this was a court bailiff although I'm now not sure and contacted the deliverer, he arranged to visit me, listed items and I paid him a percentage of the council tax plus his fees (£120), I then filled in the form and budget sheet offering to pay £120 a month (the c.tax was £740), I have now (2 wks later) received two letters, one rejecting the offer and threatening to send a van for collection and the other, that £34 per week will be added to the bill which I can ill afford.

What can I do?

Edited by oh.for.a.lottery.win
Hadn't finished typing.

ops try again

you hit the submit box too early!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

. I assumed this was a court bailiff although I'm now not sure and contacted the deliverer, he arranged to visit me, listed items and I paid him a percentage of the council tax plus his fees (£120), I then filled in the form and budget sheet offering to pay £120 a month (the c.tax was £740), I have now (2 wks later) received two letters, one rejecting the offer and threatening to send a van for collection and the other, that £34 per week will be added to the bill which I can ill afford.

What can I do?

Have you got a copy of the items listed?

Invalid levy and trying to obtain money by deception.

Form 4 complaint ?

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

I've kept other debt collectors at bay with letter templates from this site (telephone harassment & doorstep collectors) although one of them is persevering - Mercers who have attempted to disguise themselves by using a couple of other names, though I'm thinking of taking a leaf out of someone else's book and doing a very un-ladylike thing and answering the phone with "f**k o*f" because quite frankly after three months of phone calls I've had enough of these jokers, anyway, point is I'm not sure if this bailiff from Rossendales is actually a court bailiff, I may have been suckered in by the name "bailiff" but "£34 due every 7 days, as per our client guidelines" does concern me, I don't have a magic wand, if I did I'd incinerate all debt collectors!

I can include a copy of the letters if that is of use.

Edited by oh.for.a.lottery.win
sorry, frothing at the bit - mis-spelt again

Well it's a funny thing..

If a bailiff wants to rely upon a wpa to recover goods, or regain entry by force, the wpa needs to have been signed by the debtor, now it's possible that a bailiff could write on it "refused to sign", but that would be a bit thin, especially if he has no other proof of peaceful entry.

But, if there is a wpa in existence, then you would have had a copy.

Since you haven't, it suggests that the bailiff has no evidence of entry.

If he has made a list, then theoretically he has seized, but unless he's generated paperwork for that seizure, he could just have easily peeked through the window.

Do you see where I'm going with this?

• Haha 1