Capital One Closed Acc - Help Needed

smbird090177
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi There.

I had a capital one account about 2 years ago before it was closed by them for constant late or unpaid payments/minimum payments. I got in a right mess with it and the monthly minimum payments were not paid and i just buried my head in the sand.

The phone calls kept coming and i stupidly ignored them until finally the debt was passed on to a debt collection agency. I owed about 500ish after borrowing only 250 originally andi paid the debt collection agency in full. I had this account for about 3 years and im now looking to claim charges back.

I have a number of questions to ask people on here though.

1) How can i find my acc number, i dont wish to phone them and my acc was at a diferent address.

2) With me not paying back months of minimum payments of interest which included late payment fines will they still look to collect the outstanding ones once i have contacted them to try and reclaim my charges/fines.

Please help

Thanks

Bet England To Win The World Cup - Join Facebook group

http://www.bet-england-to-win-world-cup.co.uk

you say you paid the a/c in full to the DCA.

so this should have ended the debt? why do you now think they can get back outstanding ones? surely the A/c was cleared?

anyhow

there is nothing to stop you claiming back the fees, an SAR to cap1 giving as much info as possible should reveal the A/C number your require & provide all the statements from it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I am sure of it because i got a letter from Capone that they had passed on my debt to debt collection agency.

I meant regarding them coming after me was because i had a limit at one point of 200 and did not pay a couple of minimum payment letters and the amount oweing on the accounts didnt seem to go up a great deal. I had one letter after a number of missed payments asking for about 280 quid for the month which i think was beause id been over my limit of 200 for about 2 months and not paid the last 2 months either. Would they come for that because that is something i never paid and i know it wasn't added onto the account total.

Im not too up on credit cards and made a right mess of it

Bet England To Win The World Cup - Join Facebook group

http://www.bet-england-to-win-world-cup.co.uk

send this letter

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/48-bank-templates/110--data-protection-act-1998-subject-access-request-.html

Where it says Account number, change it to DOB and previous address.

You will have to issue Court papers against CapOne, but they always pay up.

Have a search of some of the won threads in the CapOne section.

Jogs