Speeding

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5530 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

Just recieved a Notice of Prosecution for a speeding offence today. The form I got required me to fill in my details and send it back and it either gets a Conditional Offer (points and fine), or referred to Procurator Fiscal. Had to phone them to ask a quick question re the form, and got a really friendly helpful woman whilst I was on the phone, so asked if it would be a conditional offer or not. She said it was excessive speed to would get passed to Procurator Fiscal.

Fair enough. However, I've been trying to have a look on internet to find out if there are any guidelines on what is likely to happen? ie average speeds for fines/points etc, when I'm likely to hear from them etc etc. However, can't find anything.

Does anyone have any info? Or even some website links?

This relates to Scotland btw.

I would suggest popping across to Pepipoo and asking them as speeding is their speciality. The rules are slightly different up in Scotland so they will best be able to advise you how to deal with it.

Have you asked them for photos of the driver to assist you with identifying who was behind the wheel at the time? If you haven't it is worth asking, but be careful to word it so that you don't use "evidence" but " a photo to assist me in identifying who was driving the vehicle at the time".