Fiddlesticks, I didn't know that.....did you?.loan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS cannot happen as the notices being invalid gives them no right to court action.

It does if they are claiming the arrears;

They dont need ANY DN or TN to claim.

If your loan agreement has finished its natural term.

And they have your executed agreement.

And they have provided you with twice yearly statements.

It seems they can claim ALL the arrears, without much problem. Regardless of any DN or TN notice you have already received.

The DJ allowed them to change IN the hearing.

Bill

Edited by Bill Shidding

it just sounds rubbish that they can take you to court using paperwork that they now are saying is irrelevant to the case, surely they should have had to drop the original case and start over again

The DJ allowed C to change their claim in the hearing, as described below.

The DJ expressed concern as to the length of time this case had been in the system, and gently reprimanded C over their case management. He said "I really dont want to waste any more court time with this case" + " I want to end this case today"

Or words very similar to the above.

Bill

He asked if I still contended that the purpose of the notice that C was relying on was fraudulent. I replied "yes".

He then bypassed all docs by allowing C to change his claim to the arrears. Which is the same figure, but not being an "earlier payment"

because the loan term has ended.

Bill

C's W/S relies on their recreated DN.

My W/S relies on the genuine original DN and the genuine original TN.

And the fact that C's DN is a false doc.

The TN is dated within the specified period for a remedy on the genuine DN. Therefore, the genuine DN is valid but, the genuine TN is technically invalid but was sent by C with the intention of termination, and I took it as such.

Edited by Bill Shidding

The account was in dispute
Yes

and a court claim started
Yes

and the account was not settled
No

so can the agreement end other than someone terminating it

The agreement ends when

1) Its terminated / cancelled by either party

2) The balance is paid

3) The term of the loan ends (after 24/36 months etc)

At this time, the 3rd option applies to me. Which is why all sums due under the agreement are now classed as "arrears" and are no longer protected by section 87 CCA.

Bill

After the end of the term of the loan, they don't have to. They just say we are not claiming under section 87, we are claiming the arrears. Any notices sent before are not considered (well, not in my case).

Quote; and have they Bill?

Their recreated DN is dated too early to be in accordance with their T&Cs.

The Original DN is in accordance with the T&Cs.

The Original TN is dated too early to be effective, but it was sent with the intention.

Edited by Bill Shidding

3) The termination notice that was dated before the end of the prescribed period on the genuine DN2, and was therefore an unlawful rescission of contract.

Unlawful or not my understanding is that termination of your account occurred at this time, and thereforethe maximum amount the C may be entitled to recover is the true amount of the arrears at the time of the Default Notice.

As the claim has been on going for at least 9 months the date of the DN is probably 12 months or more ago, so the arrears at this time should be considerably less than what they are now trying to claim.

Whether they can claim these arrears in this claim, or they may have to start a new claim I do not know, but you may be able to counterclaim for the unlawful rescission of contract.

Hope this helps

Regards

SC

Unlawful or not my understanding is that termination of your account occurred at this time, and thereforethe maximum amount the C may be entitled to recover is the true amount of the arrears at the time of the Default Notice.

Yes, that is what I was expecting / hoping at the hearing.

Bill

I think the DJ's logic possibly is;

The C's DN is ineffective (turn a blind eye to its creation, to get the case finished)

The true DN endures

The true TN is ineffective (for the reasons stated, regardless of its implication that the agreement is terminated or unlawful)

Thus, the agreement endures to its natural end, and now the C can claim all sums due as arrears, without providing any docs, except the agreement and proof of statements of account.

The outcome maybe, its best to defend with a dodgy DN, along with a Kosher TN.

Edited by Bill Shidding

Well, this thread has been turned upside down, spun round, thrown through the air, and you not much further forward Bill.

I think the 2 options open to you are

a) accept defeat and move on

b) appeal on the basis the DN being defective and the judge got it wrong (you're a lay person remember)

Edited by Von Greenbach

this surely makes exchanging skeleton arguments a farce, as it gave them time to come up with a way of getting out of the hole they dug themselves in, as many have said before you were at a disadvantage stright away as they had moved the goal posts and not let you know prior to the hearing, its a big pile of BS!!!!!