• Tweets

• utter BS, doesn't matter you signed it. pers i'd be writing as per the other threads here rejecting the car as not as described under CRA etc and be done with it. as its a debit card you could also do a full chargeback within 120 days to your bank and simply dump the car back to BMW. 100's of like threads to read here. get your ducks inline. make sure you know what you are doing and off you go. dont take any BS from BMW, no matter what you sign it does NOT remove your consumer rights. p'haps it might be on the off chance you are a good manager , a quick phonecall tomorrow saying you dont want it because (no bla bla fitted) it might be resolved in 5 mins..i will guess to date you not tried
    • No need to worry about Rwanda Just give all the illegals one way trip to Northern Ireland then they can wander off into the EU through your beloved open border.     Job Done 😂🤣  
    • despite the evidence mounting against Chrichton, Vennells wrote in a meeting note that Crichton 'was possibly more loyal to her professional conduct requirements' "Vennells said Crichton was upset that the Post Office had ruined her reputation and compromised her by undertaking a further review of the Second Sight handling. Crichton was said to be ‘very emotional’ and her ‘ego and self-esteem have been undermined’."   That it seems all about their own interests - says a lot about both Chrichton and Vennels views on 'professional conduct requirements' eh?   Former Post Office chief executive Paula Vennells complained that general counsel put her integrity 'above interests of business' | Law Gazette WWW.LAWGAZETTE.CO.UK Susan Crichton was left waiting outside board meeting to discuss damaging forensic accountant's report, inquiry hears.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

reasonable identification

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi -

i asked for credit report under DPA and sent £2 to each of the credit rating agencies. i could not do it online as my credit rating is so bad i do not have the necessary bank card you apparently need.

i received letters back from all the CRAs saying they need more identification. they asked for originals of bank statements/bills or copies of driving license or passport. i sent copy of passport but do not have any of the others as i deal with paperless statements/billing or the bills are in house-mates names.

i now have received similar replies from all of them that they will not accept my id. how the hell am I supposed to get my credit report?? a friend who worked at a bank got it for me from work a year ago no problem as a favour.

1) how is this possible - is it not MY data?

2) does the data protection act not state REASONABLE identification?

what is my next move - can i take it to court and make them comply??

any help would be appreciated

did they give any reasons for not supplying the info? Seems odd that all 3 did the exact same thing.

Are you on electoral reg? have you recently moved there? do you have any credit that is reported to the cra's?

Also on the subject of paperless billing, the bill is normally still produced and downloadable and printable still.

Ps here is a link to get a free report once a year http://www.annualcreditreport.co.uk/ Not sure if the link is allowed, sorry if it's not

Edited by version302003

hi version302003

Thank you so much for your response... Just to give you more info etc:

experian said the documents I sent:

- "Do not meet with our requirements"

callcredit said:

- "Cannot accept letter from bank as it does not refer to a specific account"

- "Cannot accept notice of suspension letters"

(I sent them an original letter from my Internet Service Provider which notified me of upcoming suspension)

equifax:

- "Not as listed in our request"

In answer to your other questions:

Are you on electoral reg?

I am not on the electoral reg

Have you recently moved there?

No I have been there for over 2 and a half years

Do you have any credit that is reported to the cra's?

I don't understand - sorry

Also on the subject of paperless billing, the bill is normally still produced and downloadable and printable still.

I did not want to send them details of what I have been spending or getting.. Do they really need to know this?? Also, they asked for ORIGINAL letters - not copies - which I sent them.

Any further advice? - want to take this to court and have them enforce it. I think that 2 original letters to my address and with my name on them, and a photocopy of my passport (which is what I sent) should be more than enough for them to identify me??

Callcredit also had the cheek to ask for documents from my previous address - whaaat??

If you havent lived at the address for 6 years then they want to know what the previous address was., no idea why tho.

I think they are entited to ask for proof of identity but im not sure how far they can drag that one out esp as you have provided a copy of passport and other letters.

Have you asked them what specifically is the reason for them to require proof of identity?

Do you have a bank statement you can send?(you can alway blank out the amounts)

They say they require id for security reasons..

As for bank statements - I have them - but they are generally asking for documents within 3 months. Guess I could send them, but this will take even more time. Think I need to go in heavier.

I just want to know how to enforce them to give me the report. I am prepared to fill out an N1, as I don't think other methods will prove fruitful. Under the Data Protection I know they cannot demand such stringent proof as I don't think anyone would deem it reasonable. Just don't know if there is anything I can enforce them to comply under?

Thanks a lot for the responses...

It's a principle thing as well. They need reasonable identification, not my bank statements with all other kinds of information on them. Does anyone know if this is something I can pursue under the Data Protection Act - and if so, under what section can I ensure they provide me with my credit report? This is out of order what they are asking and by solving this, I will also make it easier for many others with bonafide identification documents to obtain their credit report without the CRAs having more information to wield than they already have.

Scrather,

In order to verify who you are so that they dont send your details to the wrong person, they need your id and proof of address - hence why they asked for utility bills. I had the same query done to me and once i provided them with that they needed, i had my report. I also have paperliss bills and you need to print them (just the first page) and have your local bank to stamp it for proof of authencity.

The reason they are asking previous addresses is also so that they can give you everything they hold about your data.

I hope that answers some of your questions.

I think people think I am being unreasonable.. but I have sent them:

- A list of all my previous addresses (as per the template letter on the Information Commissioner website)

- Originals of two letters sent to me from bank/utility at my address within the last 3 months

- A copy of my passport

They do not need to see any information of my previous addresses to identify me - I haven't even kept any. I cannot understand how a bank statement is any different other than it may contain more information for them to flog. I cannot get statements stamped as I have a basic account which the cashiers at the bank refuse to serve me and tell me to write to customer services. I have already spent much time and effort and believe that the CRAs are just taking me for a ride. Therefore I want to enforce my rights that is all.

Can anybody who understands the DPA please respond as to how I can enforce them sending my credit report given that I believe I have sent them reasonable ID.

Nice one.

I believe you can take out a Part 8 procedure in the County Court as a claim for specific performance to enforce the Subject Access Request... Anyone have any experience of this?

http://www.ico.gov.uk/upload/documents/library/data_protection/practical_application/taking_a_case_to_court.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
If you havent lived at the address for 6 years then they want to know what the previous address was., no idea why tho.

I think they are entited to ask for proof of identity but im not sure how far they can drag that one out esp as you have provided a copy of passport and other letters.

Have you asked them what specifically is the reason for them to require proof of identity?

Do you have a bank statement you can send?(you can alway blank out the amounts)

You could always ring the Office of the information commissioner , i think their criteria is that you have to prove you are yourself to the exclusion of others of the same name . I agree that when asking for your data from a company whose business it is to collect your data and sell it , it seems unfair that they expect you to do their job , while you exercise your rights .

Thanks so much for the response though.

I will ring the IC for sure. In the meantime I unfortunately have no Credit Report and I cannot even begin to clear it up so that I will finally have a proper bank account - not a kiddy card from the post office! I cannot pay for anything online and so losing out on loads of deals.

I have heard that the IC takes a notoriously long time to do anything in writing and that's what I need really to enforce the CRAs to give me information that affects me.

Was more wondering if anyone had any experience of asking the court to look at the matter without claiming for damages or anything - think its called special performance. Could then take a claim under DPA98 and I'm sure it wouldn't take long for a judge to see I have sent more than reasonable documentation. It could also serve to put pressure on the CRAs to supply the info to avoid any court stuff.

Thanks so much for the response though.

I will ring the IC for sure. In the meantime I unfortunately have no Credit Report and I cannot even begin to clear it up so that I will finally have a proper bank account - not a kiddy card from the post office! I cannot pay for anything online and so losing out on loads of deals.

I have heard that the IC takes a notoriously long time to do anything in writing and that's what I need really to enforce the CRAs to give me information that affects me.

Was more wondering if anyone had any experience of asking the court to look at the matter without claiming for damages or anything - think its called special performance. Could then take a claim under DPA98 and I'm sure it wouldn't take long for a judge to see I have sent more than reasonable documentation. It could also serve to put pressure on the CRAs to supply the info to avoid any court stuff.

I was thinking more of getting the chapter and verse from the Ico office as to what a sar requires for Id , putting that in a fax /letter to the Cra , and trying to chivy them along in the interests of common sense , saves them having to answer to special performance , shows willing on your part , and thwarts their information fishing expedition , they can't help themselves!