Unenforceable debts

Adelphi1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following threads on the site I have contacted a number of card providers with a view to obtaining original credit agreements to acertain if they are enforceable. As yet only Halifax has responded with general printed terms quoting.

"Please note that the information we have provided you with is all the information we are required to provide you with under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act. Please also note that we are not required to provide a copy of the original signed agreement under section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act."

Cany anyone help as to whether this is correct?

Is it just a copy of their terms and conditions that they have sent?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Rory32,

They have sent 2 documents which are print outs headed

CREDIT CARD AGREEMENT REGULATED BY THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Both confirm "this a copy of your agreement for you to keep. It includes a notice about your cancellation rights which you should read.

One then States Halifax Credit Card Conditions Of Use and goes on to quote my name & address, rates charges etc.

The other also then goes on to quote my name & address, Key information, rates charges etc. Part way through it contains a blank signature.

Both appear to have just been rattled off a computer.

Hope this helps.

I doubt that the Halifax have any enforceable agreements pre April 2007. I haven't seen one yet.

Please note: I give advice, in good faith, based on my reading and experience. Please satisfy yourself, that any advice given is accurate in content before acting upon it.

A to Z index

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Are Halifax right that under Sct 78 of the CCA they dont have to provide a copy of the original signed agreement?

I may have even applied online but never recollect having seen or recieved the documents that they sent.

Any advice appreciated.