Help please Cap One & Debitas

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, please can someone give me a bit of advice...

Cap One stopped sending me statements for about 9 months, because there were no statements i forgot to pay them (stupid i know) after the 9 months i get a statement, a default notice and a letter from Debitas (DCA) saying they have now undertaken the default amount.

I wrote to them (recorded delivery) explaining that i had just been made redundant and could only afford £50 a month. I got no reply from them but started paying it anyway. I have now been making the payments for about 9 months and by my calculations i should have now paid off the default amount. I have had nothing from them since the first letter.

Where should i go from here?

- Should they have sent me any statements?

- Do i continue paying them for the total debt or do i now go back to cap one and pay them, i was under the impression they only took the defaulted amount.

- I was going to write to them to make sure the default was paid off but how do i put it. Dont want to shoot myself in the foot!

Also i really dont see why i should have to chase them up and 'remind them' about my debt. Dont get me wrong im happy they are not hasseling me but shouldnt the be chasing me???

Im grateful for any advice

Thanks for that interesting piece of information. Unfortunatley i didnt know that when i started paying them the £50 a month.

Does anyone have any more advice on what i do next?

Thanks in advance

Jo