• Tweets

• Just do the n244 no counterclaim Plenty of examples upon what to put already here.  Dx
    • Thanks in advance for advice! I was shocked to find out when doing a credit score search this weekend that I have a CCJ in my name. I've spoken to the courts today and have been told Vehicle control services have taken me to court for parking without a permit in my own allocated parking bay that came with my flat rental. The CCJ appears to be to the right apartment block but the wrong address.  It dates back to 2017. The judgement was passed in April 2021 without my knowledge of the ticket or the case ( presumably fine information was sent to the wrong address) I had already been taken to court by VCS previously for parking in my own bay and I won. It seems to me that this is underhanded behaviour from VCS as they had my address from previous interactions and had tried taken me to court for something that a judge had previously ruled on. I'm seeking advice on next steps. I was told by court that i can raise a dispute on the CCJ but I also want to appeal the case altogether. Should I be filing an  N244 Application Notice with an N161? I was told I should pay the court £303. Now that I've got home and had a look, there is a long list of court fees so I'm not sure which is applicable. I was also told the £303 is not refundable. Should I be filing a counterclaim or is that something that can be done at a later date. Ultimately I feel disgusted at having a ccj and then having to pay for the privilege of getting it removed. Any advice on how to make VCS pay for this would be appreciated!
    • Speaking of Truss, another French politician has used her as an example of economic illiteracy. Edouard Phillippe, the ex-PM was on BFM TV this morning.
    • an aperitif before the trumpy main event   Alex Jones must sell assets to pay $1.5bn to Sandy Hook victims as Infowars spared WWW.INDEPENDENT.CO.UK Alex Jones, a right-wing conspiracy theorist, falsely claimed the 2012 Sandy Hook shooting was a hoax  
    • As gesture of goodwill, we were eventually given a courtesy car from Mercedes (after numerous complaints from us on their lack of communication / misdiagnosis / time they’ve had the car - we’re now at over 4 weeks without our car) They have literally just informed us it will be ready to collect tomorrow. If we pay the cost, where will we stand? It’s so hard to understand what we should do 😫 we will re open our complaint with the finance company then. We emailed Doves yesterday informing them of all the problems (we have touched base with them and let them know prior to this) but they are yet to respond.    Any further advice would be greatly appreciated! 
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

SAR request but bank asked for a signature!!

stressed mum!
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5562 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello I have a thread in the natwest section for this but need some general advice I have sent of a SAR and have been waiting for it to arrive.

This morning I recieved a letter from the natwest asking for signed authority to proceed, now I know I don't have to give this after reading threads on here but can't find the letter to send regarding this could anyone point me in the right direction

thanks in advance

Hi, stressedmum.

I think they can ask for your signature for a SAR, when you sign it, put a couple of lines through it, so you will know if it's been 'lifted' at a later date.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I would say each of them have different rules - not that this should be the case- as I've received info without a signed SAR.

Could this be re-jigged to send:-

Thank you for your letter dated xxxxxx the contents of which are noted.

In your letter you make reference to requiring my account numbers (signature?) before you comply. I draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that I supply you with these before you comply with my S78 request.

If it is for Data Protection purposes then I can happily supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you.

However please note that to date you have happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address. I have to ask if you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken so long to raise this?

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:

7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

My request for a true copy of my credit agreement under section 77/78 was made on 25/11/2008 and the 12 working days for your compliance expired on 12/12/2008. I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity.

I look forward to receiving the documentation requested

Regards

marrondevo could probably tell you if this can be used?

Hi,

For a CCA request, you could send the letter.

A Subject Access Request however is different, as under the Data Protection Act, they have a duty to make sure they only give the information to the right person, and your signature should be an essential part of that confirmation.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

when you sign it, put a couple of lines through it, so you will know if it's been 'lifted' at a later date.

I think thats a yes stressed mum

PF

Finally if you succeed with your claim please consider a donation to consumer action group as those donations keep this site alive.

R.I.P BOB aka ROOSTER-UK you have always been a Gent on these boards and you will be remembered for that.

• 4 weeks later...

Just a quick update my 40 day's are up and no SAR they hav e sent me a letter stated that the they have had a thourough search and can not find any deatails for my policy!!!! They must clearly know this is a bank account and have asked me to check details and to forward them anything what do you think?? I have been advised to send something along the lines of this

Thank you for your letter of date. Since, by you own admission, you have not been able to produce a copy of an executed agreement for the alleged debt within the statutory period set down in the Consumer Credit Act 1974, the alleged debt is unenforceable by virtue of s77(4) of the Act and further, under the same section, you have commited an offence.

Since you cannot demonstrate that I am the debtor associated with the alleged debt, all collection activity is unlawful under the CCA 1974 and contrary to the OFT guidelines on debt collection. I intend to make these facts known to the Financial Ombudsman, the Office of Fair Trading and my local Trading Standards Office. If you persist in taking legal action against me for the alleged debt, I will also make them known to the court. Section 127 (3) of the CCA 1974 forbids a court issuing an enforcement order in the absence of an executed agreement.

This letter also constitutes notice under s10 of the Data Protection Act 1998 that you must not process data concerning me in relation to the alleged debt or, if you have processed data already, you must cease. This includes, but is not limited to, passing any data to third parties such as Cedit Reference Agencies.

On [date] you placed a default marker against my credit history with a number of Credit Reference Agencies in reference to the alleged debt. Since no agreement exists between us, you have no permission from me to process data concerning me and you are in violation of the data protection principles including but not limited to Schedule 1 Part 1 (1) of the Data Protection Act 1998. I will be reporting this matter to the Information Commissioner and request and require that you remove said default marker(s) from my credit history. I shall be seeking compensation under s13 of the Data Protection Act 1998 for the distress you have caused me by your financial defamation of me.

Yours sincerely

What do you think second opinions always welcome x

sounds good to me. It really demonstrates your intention to sort things out and they have put it in writing they are not able to locate your details.

maybe could mix this one in with it:

Dear Sirs,

RE Account NO XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/2007 the contents of which are noted

In your letter you make reference to requiring my account numbers before you comply. I draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that I supply you with these before you comply with my S78 request.

If it is for Data Protection purposes then I can happily supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you.

However please note that to date you have happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address. I have to ask if you are concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken so long to raise this?

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of data protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:

7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

My request for a true copy of my credit agreement under section 77/78 was made on xx/xx/2008 and the 12 working days for your compliance expire on xx/xx/2008. I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity.

I look forward to receiving the documentation requested

Hi Stressed mum - If they had anything they would have sent it by now. You have given them ample time to respond. Letting them know you are on the ball with this, can only strengthen your case.

I have sent SAR's without signatures and only one sent any info, which turned out to be totally irrelevant, despite sending follow up letters as suggested, companies have failed to respond.

Seems to me chances are in your favour as it stands. ;):)

I AM LIVID!!!!!! I have finally remembered my password for online banking the tax credits paid £400 into that account on the 17th feb, why I dont know they have been paying into my new account since october. Now my account is only over it's agreed limit by£17 and would have been much less as there is now £190 of cahrges from the 30th January maybe this is why nthey cant send my sar to me am now going to have to phone tax credits and ask why they paid into that account that letter is definatley going off now.