Help - Excel Parking Crown Point Leeds

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5412 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For more background see this thread....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/119802-private-parking-tickets-template.html

Either follow that or just ignore.

Eventually they will go away and worry somebody else.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Just to say I did state they have signs up but they are very small and unreadable. To my knowledge it only states " you must shop here" which I did, I went in a shop, there is nothing about length of stay.

From your posts I get the impression that you went looking for, and read, these signs AFTER you had been given the parking ticket. Therefore, how can you be deemed to have agreed to these contract terms at the time you parked your car?

Also, you specifically state that you do not believe the notice stated a maximum time so therefore again cannot be deemed to have accepted this contract term. Even if the (small) sign does mention a time limit, it is obviously easily missed as you have missed it even when purposefully reading the sign.

Just to say I did state they have signs up but they are very small and unreadable. To my knowledge it only states " you must shop here" which I did, I went in a shop, there is nothing about length of stay.

Not quite correct.

Actually says "Shoppers Carpark"

and maximum time is 3 hours.

No matter though still ignore.

CP2.jpg

Even if there is implied acceptance of a contract from this sign, it remains free of any contract term regarding either length of say or persons using.

The sign clearly states that a Parking charge notice will be issued for not complying with the following conditions - nothing whatsoever about anything proceeding the statement.

I am also fairly amused that they think that they can issue one of their notices if you fail to lock your vehicle...

Oh, and the disclaimer is a waste of ink as well - nobody can disclaim damage caused through negligence.

That was a rubbish car park to start with, even back in the days when Tiny Computers was right in the middle.

Use the internet for as many things as you can. :-)

The way retail is at the moment, you would think that they would be doing eveything possible to encourage your future custom?

Edited by RichardW

I never saw that sign, just the tiny ones scattered around which I looked for after getting the ticket.

Likelyhood is, very few see it/them

Two on the bend at the entrance and not easily seen whilst entering. Only seen 2 other small signs aroud the rest of the large car park.

Still, no need to worry though.Just ignore.

• 1 month later...

CP2.jpg

3 hours maximum stay (no return within 2hrs)

Failure to apply with the following will result in a parking charge...

• only vehicles with disabled badge...

• no lorries...

• no buses...

• ...park correctly

• ...vehicles left at risk

• lock your vehicle

I would say that does not constitute a contract in any shape or form. It doesn't say you will be charged for being over 3 hours, but that you will be for not locking your vehicle bizarrely.

Where exactly does it say you will be charged for staying over 3 hours?

I think Excel have just thrown their £30 quid court fee down the drain.

strange for them to issue with no dialogue with the OP.

where letters sent back and forth between the OP and Excel ?

if so good reason to expect that Excels letters will be unlawful - they usually are !.

need much more info from the OP. lets see whats what before jumping any further.

The more info we get on this, the more we can do to help. There are some serious experts on this site so it is in your best interest to provide as much detail as possible.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08

Valley Leisure - complaint about collections agent

£160 part refund of gym membership in compensation - 01/02/09

HFC Bank - complaint about payment deducted from my account on wrong date

GOGW £10 - 01/05/09

All they can claim for is losses. All they have lost is the cost of parking charge. What is the cost of parking for the amount you overstayed? If it is free they have lost nothing. If it is £2 per hour and you overstayed 37 minutes say, it would be a loss of £2 revenue.

It is no good them suing you for £100! They haven't lost £100.

When BT phone me (when I have told them not to) I always tell them I am charging them £38 for me to receive their unwanted call. There is no point me trying to actually get it as no judge would award me the money.

When anyone goes to court, they are suing for either money contracturaly owed or an unpaid debt. You have neither. Did you sign a contract? Have they actualy lost £100? No.

Just because they are going to ncourt does not mean they will win. Anyone cxan take anyone to court at all. I could take the Queen to court for £5000 owed if I feel like it. The case would be thrown out of course, so don't be scared by the court papers. I am sure others will offer sound advise but I would be defending this and then claiming costs as well!

And, it does say failure to comply with THE FOLLOWING will result in a £100 charge. Nowhere does it say thet if you stay for more than 3 hours will result in a £100 charge. They do not have a case and they will lose.

It is clear enough what they mean, but unfortuantely as far as law is concerned it must be exact. They cannot sue you for breach of contract as you haven't breached any of the following as per their notice.