sky

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5515 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Do you know if any charges have been added to the account?

Have you received a Notice of Assignment?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi

My partner is being chased by "RESPONSE" for a £56.85 Sky debt. This goes back about 18 months. I did do a CCA request way back and never heard anything then it seems they sold it on to Response.

Not sure if CCA applies to Sky though, had no Notice of Assignment either. Another letter going their way today.

Sky are terrible they overcharged us more than £300.00 in a year, finally got it back, as for their £56.85 they can go whistle!!!

S.B.

A CCA request wouldn't apply to your Sky account, however there are other ways of disputing the amount claimed as owed such as reclaiming charges on the account and reclaiming any billing they have applied when no service has been provided.

Also you should receive some form of notice of assignment as realistically I could just fish your details out of the bin and send you a letter stating that you owe me money. It wouldn't mean that you do or that I have any right to collect it.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Maybe Rory could answer that one for us please?

I have checked my paperwork and I actually requested a copy of the service agreement not the CCA.

Got a bee in my bonnet today so put a reply to RESPONSE CREDIT together, not very official but I think it gets the point across. All for £56.85!!!! Think I am hormonal today!!

S.B.

SKY'S NEW TATIC THIS EVENING!!!!!

Sorry don't want to hijack this post but thought I'd let everyone of our call from Sky tonight!!!!

They have obviously received our letter see post #13(via their DCA) ~

They asked the necessary, partner wanted to talk to them, and then go on to say how they will cancel the existing debt if we decide to go back with them for our tv package.......lolololololololol.

As if, after all the inflated charges and problems we had with them...2 words NO CHANCE!!!! Funny thing was my partner asked for 5 mins to decide and they said that the offer to cancel the debt(alleged) only applied NOW..not even a 5 min grace.

Just wanted you all to be on your guard.

Has anyone else heard of this one???

S..B.

SKY'S NEW TATIC THIS EVENING!!!!!

Sorry don't want to hijack this post but thought I'd let everyone of our call from Sky tonight!!!!

They have obviously received our letter see post #13(via their DCA) ~

They asked the necessary, partner wanted to talk to them, and then go on to say how they will cancel the existing debt if we decide to go back with them for our tv package.......lolololololololol.

As if, after all the inflated charges and problems we had with them...2 words NO CHANCE!!!! Funny thing was my partner asked for 5 mins to decide and they said that the offer to cancel the debt(alleged) only applied NOW..not even a 5 min grace.

Just wanted you all to be on your guard.

Has anyone else heard of this one???

S..B.

Sky do seem to be on a bit of a mission today.

Had a nice chap on earlier regarding the £78 disputed charges on our account, I'd threatened to cancel the contract citing a breach on their behalf.

Within 15 minutes we have had the entire balance wiped out to zero.

Three months HD film and skysports package added at no cost.

Next months services bill (HD+, second box, broadband, telephone line rental and call anytime package) wiped out to zero.

The following months broadband wiped to zero.

And get this.....

12 months talk anytime service charges wiped out. No service charge until April 2010

Quite a pretty pennies worth of services there for nothing.

Sky seem that desperate for new business that they have wiped literally £100's of our bill just to stop me from cancelling the order.

In summary they appear vulnerable at the moment and very keen for custom, so keen that they'll press the neccesary buttons almost before you even ask so if anyone has an outstanding issue with them it might be a good time to get in touch.:rolleyes:

You have the right to food money.

If you don't mind a little investigation, humiliation, and if you cross your fingers rehabilitation..............

Sorry, not with you on that one. Mine was a serious question, I have letters from Sky where they quote CCA 1974, I just wondered why CCA requests don't apply to them.

Right, apologies all round here I'm afraid. It had just dawned on me (call me thick if you like) that you're talking about Sky, as in satellite TV, I was talking about Sky as in Credit Card, that's why I couldn't understand why CCA didn't apply to them, serves me right for not reading the threads properly.

Toulouse

To be frank, they could offer all the tea in China, I would defo not go back to them after being overcharged more than £300.00 in a year, leaves me with no faith in their company!!!

Good Luck

S.B.

to get any info from sky you would need to send a sar.

Just to note sky do actually send you the letters stating they are passing to dca and are supplied with the sar.

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Sky seem that desperate for new business that they have wiped literally £100's of our bill just to stop me from cancelling the order.

In summary they appear vulnerable at the moment and very keen for custom, so keen that they'll press the neccesary buttons almost before you even ask so if anyone has an outstanding issue with them it might be a good time to get in touch.

With the credit crunch and more and more people having to tighten their belts I suppose Sky multi-packages will be looked on as an unnecessary luxury and either cancelled or dropped to a cheaper package.

• 1 month later...