Couple of defaults - can I shift them??

Gunner77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Copy from credit file of my 2 remianing defaults -

Company name:CITIFINANCIALAccount type:LoanSpecial Instruction Indicator:Partial SettlementSpecial Instruction Start Date:01/06/2005Started:26/01/2005Default Balance:£334Current Balance:SatisfiedRepayment Period: Monthly Payment: £162 over 12 months Defaulted On:12/09/2005File Updated for the Period to:23/02/2009

And the other one:

Company name:CAPITAL ONEAccount type:Credit card / Store cardStarted:24/09/2003Default Balance:£746Current Balance:SatisfiedDefaulted On:15/09/2006File Updated for the Period to:07/01/2007

My chances and what I can do? Thanks.

There is a chance but it will be long and drawn out. Defaults will drop off your credit file after 6 years but if you want to have a go at removing them now the only real way is to CCA the companies concerned to see if they have a valid signed agreement. If they dont then you can state that they have no right to share information with credit reference agencies without your signed consent and must delete the entries.

However.... as the accounts are settled they dont have to send out an agreement. You can SAR them but will cost you £10. The statements and paperwork they send out should contain any CCA and you can tackle them from there.

Debt Managers (Barclaycard) £7150 - CCA sent - poor photcopy of app form - they rtnd acct to BC. Then Robinson Way come on scene - sent packing straight away. Will they try a third attempt????? :) Yes they did, roll on Westcot, told them were to stuff it. Not heard anything since but Lowell Financial have been searching my credit file. Round 4, ding a ling ling!!:D Now Crapquest on the scene - bought the debt and want the balance... don't think so 8)

Equidebt (Co-Operative Visa) £6800 - CCA sent in June - no response still!! Was Ex-Northern Rock card so probably lost. Equidebt have now agreed to write off and remove credit ref listing completely!!! :lol:

Robinson Way (Abbey) - debt sold to RW £1840 - await letter from them....cant CCA as bank account.... agreed to settle for £368 :-D

Where the defaults made up in any way of penalty charges?

It is unlawful to default an account if any of the balance is comprised of charges.

Although Capital One are complete to55ers when it comes to this :-x

I am at stalemate with them and am having to send a LBA which I will to today on my day off.

The Capital One account was made up of charges, yes. So what do I need to do? Thanks.

First you need to send them a SAR notification and enclose £10 - you can find the template in the Bank Templates Library :)

Send a postal order for £10, without your signature on.

Then you need to add up all the charges, and send them a letter stating you are claiming them back and you want to remove the default..

It is hard work, I have done all of this and they have refused so I am now sending them the Letter Before Action which tells them if they dont give me charges back, remove default I will start court proceedings.