Vodafone default help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5542 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back in 2004 Vodafone entered a default on my credit record for a bill on an account I had requested to cancel which only got cancelled after I cancelled the direct debit and the bills weren't paid, and the debt was passed on to Buchanan Clark & Wells. I paid the debt off, but when I applied for a mortgage at the weekendwas refused over this debt. The debt was for £89, with £14 stil outstanding. When I checked my old statements yetsreday I paid BC & W £89.16, 3 payments of £25 and a final payment of £14.16.

Obvioulsy I would like to get the default removed as I had asked for the contract to be terminated but Vodafone kept the conrtact running untill I cancelled the DD and the account went into arrears and I don't recall being sent a default notice.

So would my first port of call be to send a S.A.R to Vodafone and BC&W?

Any help would be great, thanks.

Not really. You're trying to use an admin function that won't solve the problem. If you can prove you advised Vodafone that you gave notice of cancellation, this will solve the problem. Without this, you were correctly defaulted, and all this means is your contract was terminated for non payment. This fact is recorded by the CRAs and irrespective of whether you pay the amount owed, this does NOT remove the default - is simply changes to show 'Satisfied'.

Unless there is an error with the entry - that you never owed them money - it will stay until the 6 years are up. The only thing that can lead to its removal is one of inaccuracy, or incessant pester-power (which has been known to work in some cases).

Not really. You're trying to use an admin function that won't solve the problem. If you can prove you advised Vodafone that you gave notice of cancellation, this will solve the problem.

This is the problem, I have no proof and didn't write any details of who I spoke to at the time as I was a bit young and naive and didn't realise the amount of grief it was going to cause, but would a S.A.R not have the details of when I contacted them?

It might - it might not, it all hinges on what the CS staffer wrote in the notes field, and some are too lazy to bother. But even if they did say something, this wouldn't assist in rebutting the accusation that you owed them money at some point, and if this is not in dispute, trying to get their late payment default removed a bit of a problem. Since it will cost £10 to get the info they hold, it's not as useful as you first might think, so be prepared to be disappointed. (As I was when I got my Virgin one...)