Yet another CARCRAFT issue... NAC Guarantee

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I bought a car from Carcraft on 24th January 2009. Very, very rushed process with regards to paperwork, they quite happily let my boyfriend and I sit around for 4 hours before they rushed 45mins worth of paperwork. I was informed I could cancel the NAC Guarantee within 30 days and have been trying to cancel since the 12th day, but keep hitting a brick wall.

I have been in contact with Blackhorse and they informed me that I had no full account on file (there was something, but I don't think it was complete) and that I had to go to Carcraft today to get them to fix this. Then I could call Blackhorse to get them to cancel the NAC Guarantee, no problems. Has anyone else heard of this? I was supposed to make a first payment on Tuesday but was supposed to receive a pack from Blackhorse which I do not have and they won't send till I contact Barcraft.

1st thought- Woah, a free car! No one has got me down as paying for it (Fat chance? I don't know, but will end up going ahead with what the advisor told me to do *groans*)

2nd thought- Will Carcraft let me cancel the NAC Guarantee after Blackhorse saying this, or will they note this as a late payment.

I mean, it's not cheap guys, it will set me back £1500 for a completely worthless guarantee sold to me under FALSE PRETENSES. HE told me I would save money, but I will be wasting £1000+ As it's a newish car and doesn't need an MOT done yet.

There were unofficial things carried out eg. getting me to sign over a photocopy of my bank card so that he could photocopy over it again to look like my signature hadn't faded, so he could 'get off home', completely unprofessional. Telling me I could bring £300 in for GAP insurance over a month later, 'whenever I had the cash'. So if I can sign up for GAP so late, why can't I cancel when they said I could?!

I mean, I was basically shoved out in to the cold with my new car and a pack of lies. I suffer with mental health (mainly anxiety, panic attacks) and was completely overwhelmed by the situation. I am only 20 years of age too.

Please help, I have until later today to reach a decision!

Thank you in advance :)

Hi everyone,

I bought a car from Carcraft on 24th January 2009. Very, very rushed process with regards to paperwork, they quite happily let my boyfriend and I sit around for 4 hours before they rushed 45mins worth of paperwork. I was informed I could cancel the NAC Guarantee within 30 days and have been trying to cancel since the 12th day, but keep hitting a brick wall.

I have been in contact with Blackhorse and they informed me that I had no full account on file (there was something, but I don't think it was complete) and that I had to go to Carcraft today to get them to fix this. Then I could call Blackhorse to get them to cancel the NAC Guarantee, no problems. Has anyone else heard of this? I was supposed to make a first payment on Tuesday but was supposed to receive a pack from Blackhorse which I do not have and they won't send till I contact Barcraft.

1st thought- Woah, a free car! No one has got me down as paying for it (Fat chance? I don't know, but will end up going ahead with what the advisor told me to do *groans*)

2nd thought- Will Carcraft let me cancel the NAC Guarantee after Blackhorse saying this, or will they note this as a late payment.

I mean, it's not cheap guys, it will set me back £1500 for a completely worthless guarantee sold to me under FALSE PRETENSES. HE told me I would save money, but I will be wasting £1000+ As it's a newish car and doesn't need an MOT done yet.

There were unofficial things carried out eg. getting me to sign over a photocopy of my bank card so that he could photocopy over it again to look like my signature hadn't faded, so he could 'get off home', completely unprofessional. Telling me I could bring £300 in for GAP insurance over a month later, 'whenever I had the cash'. So if I can sign up for GAP so late, why can't I cancel when they said I could?!

I mean, I was basically shoved out in to the cold with my new car and a pack of lies. I suffer with mental health (mainly anxiety, panic attacks) and was completely overwhelmed by the situation. I am only 20 years of age too.

Please help, I have until later today to reach a decision!

Thank you in advance :)

Hello,

Put everything in writing and give it to carcraft.

Complain about their selling techniques, get the names of the employees that dealt with you, they will have more than likely received commission of this sale and that demand to cancel this Nac now, Do not leave till they sort this out:-x

Threaten to report them to the Financial Services Authority, the Office of Fair Trading and Trading standards and report them anyway.

Stand firm with this lot:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW