style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5581 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I joined my current employer over 7 months ago in a Senior Departmental Manager's capacity ( 40 reports, annual budget of £150m) thinking I had found my "dream job".

During this period I have had no objectives agreed, targets set and certainly no regular review of progress.

I had my first appraisal last week, was told that I "didn't demonstrate the clarity of thought" that was necessary for such a senior role and was told to consider demotion or leaving. :eek:

My only reaction was to request a period of time to reflect and come up with an action plan of recovery to an agreed set of objectives. This has been denied me this morning and the only offer is to take the demoted role (same pay & conditions, no department or staff) or leave.

Anyone any thoughts on my next move?

Edited by powerengineer

Sounds like an even better dream job, less responsibilty and same money!

Capital One - Charges

PAID OUT IN FULL WITH 8% INT

HSBC - Charges

PAID OUT IN FULL WITH 8% INT

Unfair Dismissal

PAID OUT FULL COMPENSATION

NCP PAD Parking 'Fine'

FULLY CANCELLED

demoralising, but still as said above - same money, less responsibility!

Personally, I would walk as I went in to do a job, and would feel too demoralised to work in a lower position. Saying that, depending how much you want to get on with the company, accepting and showing willing may help you advance in the future. However, they could remember this event and use it to your disadvantage.

Saying that, we are in recession and it's not the ideal time to change jobs...

Lived through bankruptcy to tell the tale! Worked in various industries and studied law at university. All advice is given in good faith only :)

demoralising, but still as said above - same money, less responsibility!

Personally, I would walk as I went in to do a job, and would feel too demoralised to work in a lower position. Saying that, depending how much you want to get on with the company, accepting and showing willing may help you advance in the future. However, they could remember this event and use it to your disadvantage.

Saying that, we are in recession and it's not the ideal time to change jobs...

Sound advice, thanks. I guess I am still trying to get my head round it really. It seems to boil down to my relationship with my boss (although he interviewed me at the time) and I'm inclined to try and salvage that. As you say, in the current climate, it could be a long, long wait to find another job. :sad: