14 services - Illegal Parking Enforcement Bristol

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5243 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a ticket from the same company - 14 Services, a right bunch of misfits.

Welcome to 14 Services

Details of website, and presumeabley company 'director'.

Car-park-enforcement.co.uk - Car Park Enforcement

I was parked on private land granted, which is owned by the people I bought my apartment off, Crest Nicholson. It was a gravel patch next to some parking bays, not on the pavement, not no the road, not in a bay.

To top it all they I saw them put signs up, after I had parked my car, and after I had been issued a ticket. I didn't think anything of to high vis up a post until after I saw the sign.

pcn00nr4.jpg

pcn01jw6.jpg

I received 2 parking tickets from the same company then called CHP Associates (UK) LTD last year, for parking in a similar area well over a year ago. I ignored both of these tickets and nothing came of it. CHP are currently in.

liquidation it seems.

On this occasion I was parked on double yellow lines that were too thin, not the regulation which I think is 55mm, as was the spacing between them - not to mention lettering on the ground said loading only, and I was loading things into my apartment as I was moving in.

pcn02li1.jpg

pcn03pw1.jpg

They are clearly citing The Traffic Management Act 2004, and seem to have printed the Charge Notice out in somebody's living room.

Has anyone paid a charge to this company yet?

Who can register for DVLA info access, surely it's expensive, more expensive than a decent website I would have thought.

What is 'The Parking Enforcement Agency' they claim to be a member of.

I can't find any info on the internet, so it's unlikely to be a government organisation.

Edited by hardcopy

Fraud Act 2006 - among several others. Claiming TMA very dodgy. Anyone found the "Private Land Act". send a copy to both the council head of parking and the council heads of legal and audit, and to the Chief Adjudicator of TPT (or PATAS if applicable) telling them the TMA PCN is so far from statute that you need to bring it to their attention at the very outset. Don't let on at all that you know this is a PPC [problem]. See what they say :)

Edited by lamma

I know they are generally a bit slow but I would also report them to trading standards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This does not constitute legal advice and is not represented as a substitute for legal advice from an appropriately qualified person or firm.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received a ticket from 14 Services today along with 5 other cars in what appeared to be an area of free parking near the harbourside.

The PCN stated the property on which I had parked belonged to Crest Nicholson so I called them and they have confirmed that 14 Services is working for them and that they are in the process of putting up more notices.

Not sure this gives any option other than paying up unless they accept that the notices were not clear enough - which I'm sure they won't - or if the PCN is in an illegal format.

Edited by luigidavo

I received a ticket from 14 Services today along with 5 other cars in what appeared to be an area of free parking near the harbourside (opp part of Bristol College)

The PCN stated the property on which I had parked belonged to Crest Nicholson so I called them and they have confirmed that 14 Services is working for them and that they are in the process of putting up more notices.

Not sure this gives any option other than paying up unless they accept that the notices were not clear enough - which I'm sure they won't - or if the PCN is in an illegal format.

It does not matter either way. You have not entered into a contract with them and owe them nothing.

Just ignore whatever you receive from them, but keep it safe.

Jogs

I will be ignoring them, as I have done with 2 other PCNs from this company from well over 6 months ago, and another from a year ago.

They have had a presence in harbourside for the last 2 days, probably trying to make up on losses from the credit crunch.

They are not a registered company, and there is no such thing as The Parking Enforcement Association as they claim on the notice. It is strange that Crest Nicholson have hired these goons, but I'm sure they don't have the time to check through parking law when they hire a firm.

I won't be paying or responding because I wasn't parked illegally, and when I parked the signs weren't even there. If they pursue it they will just be shedding light on themselves to the courts, and I really don't think they have the money to spare on paying for the DVLA info.

luigidavo - what did they say your offence was?, were you parked in a bay or a lay-by? what was the PCN number so I can get an idea of how many they issue a day. I'm sure it will start with 102xxxxx.Which department of crest nicholson did you speak to? regional or national?

luigidavo - what did they say your offence was?, were you parked in a bay or a lay-by? what was the PCN number so I can get an idea of how many they issue a day. I'm sure it will start with 102xxxxx.Which department of crest nicholson did you speak to? regional or national?

The offence was " failure to display a valid pay & display ticket or permit"

I spoke to the development manager at Crest.

Edited by luigidavo

i got another one tonight :) in an area which crest don't actually own. I've been parking there for a year now, i was the only one out of 10 other cars that had all been their all day also, none had permits. strange bunch. maybe I'll leave a not on my car reminding that i haven't entered into a contract with them, therefore I'm not in breach of it. surely you can only enforce the Traffic Management Act on public roads, and if you're a council or government organisation.

found this - CHP is the old name for '14 services' same offices, same website, the people i received my original tickets from last year.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/126163-chp-associates-i-paid.html

great explaination from Al27

Another!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/parking-traffic-offences/146250-i-feel-im-being.html

Edited by hardcopy

CIEOS(Civil Independent Enforcement Officers) take the power invested in them to issue parking charges very seriously, and would not issue one lightly - particularly in the current climate. I think for parking on double-yellows the best bet is to pay the charge...... contray to popular beliefe privately-issued tickets should be treated the same as those issued by the council or police.

PPC TROLL!

even if they say call themselves 'Civil Enforcement Officers' - which they're not, they cite Acts that they are not allowed to enforce, they state they are member of The Parking Enforcement Agency which doesn't seem to exist. They state they are also licensed by the SIA, I will ask to see his license if I see him near my car again.

I understand your point about CIEOS operating outside of their remit - and I totally agree

However, using recognized termoinology gives the public peace of mind and ensures consistency of enforcement both on and off-road.

In this great motoring land which we call Britain, it is a source of pride for me to ensure that our classical road-going values are upheld in all circumstances.

PPC TROLL!

to be clear they are issueing tickets on yellow lines that aren't recognised by any authority, too thin, too faint, and not terminated.

They put signs up after people were parked in these areas, some areas are patches of gravel - some are parking spaces w/ out any 'don't park here markings'. and the yellow lines i was parked on is on land not owned by the company paying them to enfore the parking.

CIEOS(Civil Independent Enforcement Officers) take the power invested in them to issue parking charges very seriously' date=' and would not issue one lightly - particularly in the current climate. I think for parking on double-yellows the best bet is to pay the charge...... contray to popular beliefe privately-issued tickets should be treated the same as those issued by the council or police.[/quote']

I understand your point about CIEOS operating outside of their remit - and I totally agree

However, using recognized termoinology gives the public peace of mind and ensures consistency of enforcement both on and off-road.

In this great motoring land which we call Britain, it is a source of pride for me to ensure that our classical road-going values are upheld in all circumstances.

Utter bilge.

Ticketers outwith the decriminalised parking system have no powers, vested, invested, or otherwise. Likewise, any remit under which you suggest they are working is entirely arbitrary.

The use of statutory terminology is disingenuous at best, and fraudulent.

There's nothing that you have posted that is supported by observed practice or fact.