Egg and Moorcroft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Egg loan taken out in 2004, did CCA request from Moorcroft, they sent letter saying they would put debt on hold whilst requesting CCA from OC. I have now had the CCA which appears to have everything. It is a one page document. There is no cancellation information. It does say that by signing the agreement I confirm that I have read and agree to Personal Loan terms and conditions. It does state my name and address, agreement number, apr, loan amount, number of monthly instalments and amount of payment. It is signed by me and them.

They did not send any terms and conditions or the deed of assignment. I do not know how to proceed. I have no evidence of Moorcroft owning the debt or assignment, so I need to send a letter to them anyone have any ideas of what I should write please

Many thanks

You should now propose repayments based on your ability to pay. Remember this is non priority debt so stick to a sensible budget. However you need to insist on the notice of assignment first.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY OR ANY COMPANY YOU CLAIM TO REPRESENT

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number:

Further to your letter of DATE, I have to date not received a letter of assignment from the original creditor.

Therefore in my view, you have no authority to collect and/or pursue legal action in this matter.

In view of the above I now consider this matter closed.

Yours sincerely

Ammend the above to suit, this is the one you should have sent when moorgroft first came on the scene

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site

If this goes the same way as my current dealings with Moorcroft regarding an Egg loan, you might receive a letter from 'Home Collection Services Limited' (whoever they are, probably just part of Moorcroft) basically saying 'phone us up and pay us some money' - they even have the cheek to begin the letter with GOOD NEWS :D