Being classed as disabled

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am a 47 year old man who has had a problem with his right hip.

i have been told it hip dysplasia and have restricted painfull movements

i am waiting for an mri and possibly a hip replacement/ hip resurficing would you be classed as disabled

The DDA defines a disabled person as someone with a ‘physical or mental impairment which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on the ability to carry out normal day to day activities’.

It would all depend really on what your consultant or doctor said. You may be temporarily incapacitated until you have a hip replacement/resurfacing and once you had that and if it was succesful. I would imagine that whilst your condition at the moment impairs your current day to day activities at the moment it probably would not be classed as long term so I would suspect you would not be classed as disabled

• 1 month later...

My father in law has a problem with his hip, and has had the scans, heart tests to see if he can withstand replacement operation etc, and he is classed as disabled and claims for it.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Thank you i have had an inconclusive mri result the doctors thinks the cartlidge has worn away and i am now going to have an arthrogram an mri scan with contrast so will have to see what happens now. i have also applied for DLA but am expecting my 1 st claim to be rejected

Good luck.

My father in law had two or three claims refused and only got it in the end because one of the nurses who regularly came to visit, helped with the form and put her info' into it.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

• 2 years later...

18 months ago my partner had 2 discs replaced in his back. Following surgery he has been left suffering nerve damage and has chronic neuropathic pain and is unable to work. He attends physio twice a week and cannot walk too far or lift anything heavy. He is on lots of medication for pain relief, how can he be made disabled? This would allow him free bus travel which would help as we do not have much money these days. Thanks