Looking for as much info on fibromyalgia as you can throw at me.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5567 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Following on from my last topic

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/special-needs-disability-etc/174671-entitled-dla.html

A specalist has told my wife while she does have the start of osteoarthritis the bigger issue causing the sever pain is actually fibromyalgia, We are waiting for blood tests to come back for this to be confirmed (or other issued ruled out)

She is in sever pain 24-7 and nothing at all seems to help, its either a good day or a bad day and that how it will stay, So we are looking for as much info as you peeps have, from dealing with the condition to advise on weather we should cancel the DLA claim (as it was under the guise of something else)

Many Thanks in advance.

On a mission to loose 20 stone and help others:

Justgiving - Amazing Shrinking Gaz's Fundraising Page

Edited by ridgewayuk

http://www.justgiving.com/gb155

Hello,

I have suffered from fibromyalgia for years and also have ostearthritis, it is not easy when you are in pain all the time. It is arthritis of the muscle, tendons and ligaments that is why it is so painful.

Wilipedia description is a reasonable one. Fibromyalgia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are support groups usually in some areas. Cold and heat effect it, getting cold etc and any infection makes it worse. If u want any more information please get in touch

Hi

My wife has been ill for 12 year with CFS and other related problems. A year or so ago the GP notes had Fybromyaligia in them so I asked about this and she linked the two together! My wife is in constant right side pain and takes a concoction of tablets including Oromorph. She is 43 and up until she got sick was very successful at work. She regularly gets pneumonia and blood clots despite having jabs etc. This is a shortened view of her condition. Also I was unaware you could get a blood test for Fybromyalgia. Cheers

IF I HAVE BEEN ANY HELP AT ALL OR JUST MADE YOU LAUGH AT MY STUPIDITY PLEASE MARK MY PERFORMANCE!

ALSO REMEMBER TO DONATE. EVERY LITTLE HELPS AND THE FORUMS ARE FOR YOU!;)

Subbing - OH has fibromyalgia and I could do with some info too.

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Anyone can pm me about fibromyalgia, I have had it for years. Any infection or virus makes it worse, I do get some remissions sometimes but it never goes away and sometimes it is so painful it hurts to breathe. I have had to have several orthopaedic operations and operations make it off worse too.

I am prone to infections since had pneumonia and a brush with death, this really triggered the fibromyalgia. There are 18 trigger points in your body if u react to 11 or more u have fibromyalgia, I reacted to them all.

If I can help in anyway please pm me.

Hi

My wife has been ill for 12 year with CFS and other related problems. A year or so ago the GP notes had Fybromyaligia in them so I asked about this and she linked the two together! My wife is in constant right side pain and takes a concoction of tablets including Oromorph. She is 43 and up until she got sick was very successful at work. She regularly gets pneumonia and blood clots despite having jabs etc. This is a shortened view of her condition. Also I was unaware you could get a blood test for Fybromyalgia. Cheers

Sorry my fault for not being clear, The blood tests are to rule other potential issues out, not to confirm Fybromyalgia, As you say there isnt a blood test in the land for it.

http://www.justgiving.com/gb155

Fibromyalgia is often caused by metabolic imbalances and also connected to thyroid hormone. Conventional doctors does not always know how to treat this. Go to drlowe.com. This is an american practitioner and research was done on how to metabolically rehabilitate patients with fibromyalgia