o2 mobile phone default..any advice welcome...

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have just checked 3 credit reference agencies; Experion, Equifax and Callcredit. All OK except Callcredit who have a default listed on me from 2003 by o2 for £1045 and is not 'satisfied'. The address given is a very old one where I left in 2003 due to divorce.

A few things;

1. I cant ever remember having a o2 account and have asked for a copy of the agreement.

2. I have never been chased for this defaulted money so was not aware of it until I tried to get credit (seems this is used less but I got caught at the bank with this one).

3. Where do I go from here and how best do I tackle o2 to get this removed.

Any ideas?

Thanks

My idea would be sit it out. If it was defaulted in 2003 then it will fall off your account this year anyway, so by tackling it you may just reactivate someones interest in the debt.

Leave the scab and it should fall off by itself...

Dont pick at it or you may make it bleed :)

what date is the date of default?

Regardless of activity on the account it should fall off after 6 yrs

Also if you wait until after the 6 years from default, even if it doesnt fall off, the debt will be statute barred so they cannot try and recover it.

I strongly advise you hold fire until 6 years from date of default until taking any action on this .