CPM Fine: Debt Collectors ringing up? Okay?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I have posted about this before and was told I was near the end. Not quite. Tonight there was a call from 'Keiron' to a number not listed in my name, but my fellas. He said he wanted to sort my debt out as CPM had called him. Obviously they want the money.

I told him it was not my number but asked where he'd got it from. Said I must have rung up and left mine. Well, anyone who's read my postings will know i wouldn't ring. He then said it was given by a 3rd party. (I'm not in phone book). I asked who but he wouldn't say. Some cause for concern here - ring up my workplace, my friends. Dodgy practice?

I told him debt was in dispute, CPM was being looked at by TS and that I had sent letters to his company, Rossendale's Collect with no reply. Well, got one on Friday, a third, as if I'd never contacted them - computer generated? He said it was nothing to do with him he just had to collect the money.

Told him to go and read the letters his boss must have. He seemed keen for me to ring HIM up and wanted a different number which of course I wouldn't give. Put the phone down. Can't say he was rude (yet).

Any thoughts? Support from here would be great as I have a fella who just thinks I'm mad for NOT going along and paying up!

Edited by Vermillion
Correcting verb!! sad eh?

Well, got one on Friday, a third, as if I'd never contacted them - computer generated?
Without a doubt it will be a computer generated template letter. They send nothing else.
Still wonder how they got a number that's not in my name.
Probably either from Experian, Equifax or Call Credit.

Have you sent them the harassment by telephone letter here?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Unfortunately some of these companies don't get fed up very quickly and it can become more than a little annoying.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I've copied the letter guys, just in case. From my past experience they don't respond at all and pretend they haven't had the letter. I suspect they just take the cheques out, any without are binned. If it gets annoying I've got a couple of choices. Must be one of the industries that's booming now.

Cheers.