orange late payment marker

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thats the funny thing, its not a "credit agreement" when it comes to someone contesting entries phone networks have placed on their file via the Consumer Credit Act....

Yet they still provide information to the CRAs as if it is...

If you have missed a payment or paid late, they can (and will) put a late payment marker on your credit file..

The reason why they provide this information to the CRAs, is that they USE CRAs to vet their customers and check they are 'credit worthy' - not that they are applying for credit.

In return for recieving this information, Experian and their like require a quid-pro-quo, that the financial dealings of the user are made available to the CRA so other members can decide whether they are a good risk.

• 3 months later...

a update

my mobile (on orange) is now fully back on after paying my bill, however on each bill there is a note saying "Please ensure we receive payment straightaway"

my qus is, when is straightaway when there is noset date to pay it by?

see attach picuter

orange.jpg

The T&Cs state the bills are due for payment 'on presentation'' so they are effectively due to be paid on reciept - not 15 or 30 days from the billing date.

Edited by buzby

They've been known to refund 1 as a 'goodwill' gesture - but not more than that. I did recieve refunds for 2 that were paid to their bank, but due to a clitch in their billing system, a digit was missed from my account number. They found the money, and credited my account 2 months late, then a month later credited the late fees of £7.50 each.