Faked Response to CCA Request

RoyalNelly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or can point me to any information please.

I have an account that has been passed to a DCA, and have just recieved a response to my CCA request which I believe has been faked by them. The OC provided me with a copy of the application which contains none of the prescribed terms. However the copy recieved from the DCA has the presctibed terms on the back of the document and they only occupy the top third of the document.

I believe they have been trying to get clever with a photcopier/photoshop etc as the quality of the terms included vary massively from the original agreemet on the front document.

So my questions is how do I challenge this? Do I wait for them to take me to court and demand that the original is produced or can I ask to see it now, can I have this investigated by anyone?

Has anyone experienced the same? what was the outcome?

Thanks for any responses.

RN

Hi I'm wondering if anyone has any advice or can point me to any information please.

I have an account that has been passed to a DCA, and have just recieved a response to my CCA request which I believe has been faked by them. The OC provided me with a copy of the application which contains none of the prescribed terms. However the copy recieved from the DCA has the presctibed terms on the back of the document and they only occupy the top third of the document.

I believe they have been trying to get clever with a photcopier/photoshop etc as the quality of the terms included vary massively from the original agreemet on the front document.

So my questions is how do I challenge this? Do I wait for them to take me to court and demand that the original is produced or can I ask to see it now, can I have this investigated by anyone?

Has anyone experienced the same? what was the outcome?

Thanks for any responses.

RN

I would be very very careful with comments like "fake", the CCA regs allow them to provide whats called a "true copy" which some CC companies think gives them latitude not only to leave out sections which are allowed to be left out but also to add the latest T&C's

Ultimately these things are only resolved once a claim is issued, once that happens, and documents have to be genuine if you insist the original is brought to the hearing, at this stage they can and will palm you off with almost anything, so its a matter of seeing through the fog and trying to see what they may/may not have.

A lot depends on who is the creditor, how old is the account.

Please note i have no legal training any advice i give comes from my own experience and from what i have learned on this site